Drake jails don't work! - Personal experience. Hormones are escape artists…
Mine are totally separated from the Hens so it is working for the Hens anyway. They seem quite content and at least my 4 Mafia drake boys can't get to my Mallard/Rouen Drake to torture him. They are next to each other but unable to make contact. They have a large area and everyone seems fine. I just hate having to keep them separated but it's best for the Hens.

Can you try to get a job where your daughter works? I have no idea what type of work she does.
Lol, I just quit that place a month ago, hence why I'm currently unemployed! As a matter of fact, I'm the one that got her the job.

They are absolutely beautiful!!! What type are they? They remind me of my Mallards but much lighter.
Barnyard mutts! Dad was most probably a blue Pekin mix, Bandit (due to the size of the egg) probably came from my Khaki Campbell, and no idea who Smokey's mom was.

At the hardware store...

- Do you sell pools for kids?
- Sure, how old are your kids?
- 22, but it doesn't really matter, it's for ducks

(we added some pallets later on to make it easier for the girls to get in)

That’s hilarious

Is it helping with the fires?
Not really. The areas in which the fires are burning aren't getting enough rain, or are getting thunderstorms which leads to lightning strikes and more fires.

Where I am, it's helped with air quality for sure, and I think that's also the case in other smoke-affected areas, but it's a temporary thing as the fires themselves are still going.

Is that Junior being the only brave one to jump in?

Greetings folks, a break from the rain today. Yesterday was brutal!

Well no, that's the boss lady. The new boss - after the old boss got taken by who/whatever in the night some weeks ago. We suspect that was actually a hit organized by the current boss.

Junior has her own separate swimming arrangements on account of the eye infection -- but that's clearing up admirably. So these last few days she spends more and more time with the flock out of her day crate, just not in water. She's still very timid and will not approach food or water when others are near. But since she's come so far on the physical issues, hey, it's OK to take it slow.

Back
Top Bottom