We've been in autumn since the 1st of March
That is correct if you are a meteorologist: The meteorological seasons are defined as spring (March, April, May), summer (June, July, August), autumn (September, October, November) and winter (December, January, February) on the northern hemisphere.
I was referring to the Astronomical seasons which are defined by the latitude of the sun, for the northern hemisphere: 23.5° north (June) is the start of summer, 0° (September) is the start of fall, 23.5° south (December) is the start of winter and 0° (March) is the start of spring.

Is she having a single, twins or triplets????
I hoping for quadruplets!! I'd like to order 3 girls and 1 boy please...
Hang on, I will tell her story.
For the past 3 spring laying seasons Trudy Goose tried to brood but was not allowed.
This year she finally has permission!!
We collected the first few eggs and the ones that may have frozen, but now have begun to leave them in the nest for her brooding pleasure... there is 3 in there today. We will see how many more she wants to add and when/if she goes broody. I am already super eggcited!!

Last edited:
That is correct if you are a meteorologist: The meteorological seasons are defined as spring (March, April, May), summer (June, July, August), autumn (September, October, November) and winter (December, January, February) on the northern hemisphere.
I was referring to the Astronomical seasons which are defined by the latitude of the sun, for the northern hemisphere: 23.5° north (June) is the start of summer, 0° (September) is the start of fall, 23.5° south (December) is the start of winter and 0° (March) is the start of spring.
Smarta$$ :lau

Yes it would be nicer if we followed the more accurate way but how would we scare the children with heatwave headlines in autumn and freezes in spring if we didn't start early?

So I can tell you guys because it's not letting the cat out of the bag but today, with help of my husband I brought my first ever car! I have never had a car in my name before!! (I'm in my 30s) it's been an emotional few months for me
Grats on the car! I remember the feeling too, and I was in my 50s!

I hoping for quadruplets!! I'd like to order 3 girls and 1 boy please...
Hang on, I will tell her story.
For the past 3 spring laying seasons Trudy Goose tried to brood but was not allowed.
This year she finally has permission!!
We collected the first few eggs and the ones that may have frozen, but now have begun to leave them in the nest for her brooding pleasure... there is 3 in there today. We will see how many more she wants to add and when/if she goes broody. I am already super eggcited!!
That is soooooo cool!!!! You will have to keep us updated on how this goes. Why wasn't she allowed to brood the past three seasons? I was just curious.

That is soooooo cool!!!! You will have to keep us updated on how this goes. Why wasn't she allowed to brood the past three seasons? I was just curious.
born may 2020
spring 21 too young
spring 22 , and 23, i was not sure, and I am still not sure, if my gander and goose are perhaps brother and sister. the local breeder I bought them from as goslings moved away less than a year after I got them. There was no way to contact him anymore, and I wasn’t sure I trusted him anyway because
Originally, I got three goslings from him, (pilgrims are auto sexing,) so I got one male and two females or so we thought, until one of the gray geese turned out to be gander( Pilgrim Gander should be white but this one looked exactly like a female pilgrim ) so I rehomed him as didn’t want two ganders, they were fighting.
therefore i don’t know the history of the parents of my geese - if maybe they could have been brother and sister as well?
But that’s the point- I don’t know. the local breeder mentioned he had several “breeding pens” so I am assuming he only put certain birds together that were not siblings … i hope. 🙏
So I’ve been playing it safe and not letting her hatch any. my plan was to buy another female, pilgrim gosling , and then when she’s grown , let her eggs be the ones to hatch out instead. I even had one already prepaid for along with four ducklings last year when I pre-ordered from metzer late summer, shortly before I found out I had endometrial cancer, and needed surgery. So I canceled the order, no ducklings or gosling for me this year. 😢
but now I am cancer free hallelujah! However, it’s too late ( and expensive anyway) to get a gosling from Metzer., and here is my Trudy goose, who lays her fertile eggs, and hopes to be a mom someday soon…
I figure since I don’t know their parents history, and I’ll never find out if there’s going to be any problems with her babies , unless we try hatching some.
they will hopefully be just fine!! and I need at least one female so I can keep her. the others will go to new homes.
32EFC02C-9BA2-4703-857E-755D07696E42.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom