Put the bucket on something to make it high but that the geese can still use it.
41BD2951-3C5E-40B5-A819-4DDDEE40B256.jpeg

Whatever was here on Saturday came back!!!
😱
I was just woken up by a terrible commotion from - i guess - the other side of the holler. There was a lot of yipping, yapping and yelping and a terrible scream followed by eerie silence.
Not even the spring toads are making any noise right now.
Something just died out there…
:oops:

I didn't bother to give my two Rouen ducklings any heat. Our air conditioner is not hooked up right now and our house is pretty warm. It does get down into the 70's but they are just fine and growing very fast. I think they might be 2 drakes. I got them for a buck a duck though so at least I will have fun raising them to adulthood and then will rehome them.
Looking at my panting dux, you are absolutely correct! With the current weather i'd be more worried about overheating ducklings. Make sure that they have plenty of luke warm water to splash in!
Had to clean the ice-maker of my fridge today and dumped the remaining ice into the dux water-bowl. A fight broke out…

Sounds like it was more than animal to do this much damage. Possibly a pack of coyotes or foxes. I am so sorry that this happened. In daylight no less too! I wish your camera would have picked up what the culprit was. I pray that it does not return. I know how sad you must feel Frank. Again, I am so sorry for your loss.
Foxes are no pack animals, usually…
Guess what i found out: My trail camera is taking a picture every five minutes, regardless of the motion sensor was triggered or not.
Upon a more thorough analysis there is a gap of about 45 minutes in these pictures. That has happened before, during cold winter nights when the batteries froze and came back to life later, but Saturday was not frosty and the batteries were full… 🤔

i’m so sorry 😢

i’m so sorry 😢 i’ve had days here with 10 or more of those turkey vultures in dead trees above us and made my dog stay out until those things were gone. they are scary and the ducks told me so.
i’m so sorry about your ducks 🌹🌷🌹🌷🌹🌷🌹
I actually kind of like(d) the vultures. In the past they were just circling above and were harassing the red-tail hawks out of their prey (wild wabbits), so the hawks moved on this year.
What really confuses me is that my crow friends have disappeared. It takes a lot to scare a murder of crows!

Foxes are no pack animals, usually…
Guess what i found out: My trail camera is taking a picture every five minutes, regardless of the motion sensor was triggered or not.
Upon a more thorough analysis there is a gap of about 45 minutes in these pictures. That has happened before, during cold winter nights when the batteries froze and came back to life later, but Saturday was not frosty and the batteries were full… 🤔
Oh man. So a 2-legged predator?

I actually kind of like(d) the vultures. In the past they were just circling above and were harassing the red-tail hawks out of their prey (wild wabbits), so the hawks moved on this year.
What really confuses me is that my crow friends have disappeared. It takes a lot to scare a murder of crows!
Sounds like you are in a Steven King novel

😱
I was just woken up by a terrible commotion from - i guess - the other side of the holler. There was a lot of yipping, yapping and yelping and a terrible scream followed by eerie silence.
Coyotes?

😱
I'm also thinking coyotes. The time we had them here they were moving through. I could hear them in the distance and over a period of a week or two they got closer and closer until they were HERE, where they stayed for the night, before continuing on. Never had them since (that was four years ago).

The trail cam thing is perplexing though. 🤔 I know coyotes are smart, but... Wouldn't think their presence would short out a trail cam.

Aliens? 👽

We had coyotes here a couple years ago they can be right up on you before you hear them. Thankful for fencing becasue they would come down the mountain and be right close to the fence before a siren would go off and they would start boy that can play on the nerves. I have also heard when they get a rabbit awful. People hunt them down here. They are so bad to go after livestock. We still hear them every once in a while but it's not close. Did have a fox at the fence a few weeks ago.
So sorry you lost some of your ducks Hillbilly it's heartbreaking to hear.

Back
Top Bottom