The run away cost of feed

Hi just back to clarify a few things about our farm. Yes we have a large egg operation but we also farm row crops about 300 acres. So the high grain prices are a double edged sword for us. We will make a good income off the grain we harvest but right now we are breaking even, to loosing money on the poultry side. On another note I am also a mechanic and have been for over 25 years, but now I only work on our own equipment.

Quote:
Without the advances in yield potential and yield attainment we would be in a dire situation. Forthunately the use of technology and recent advances in plant breeding and selection have allowed us, the Americn Farmer, to produce more grains and oilseeds on less acres.

Jim

Quote:
I try to feed them kent multi-flock, but lately i've only been feeding them whats on sale
sad.png
(and free rang of course)

I buy from a local feed mill. The price went up a $1 per 100 lbs. 2 weeks ago and is up 50 cents more per 100 lbs this week. I hope this trend does not continue...ethanol production has already doubled the price of corn a few years ago. It sure makes it hard on the little guys!!! IMO

Back
Top Bottom