The saddest thing in the world...

downsm75

Songster
7 Years
Apr 23, 2012
Louisville Ky
Today, my son and I were at a little corner store in Round hill Ky (Butler Co.) I was getting ready to go into the store when something caught my attention. I saw a critter move under a truck. I kept watching it trying to figure out what it was... When I started walking towards it, it hopped and stuck a wing out. It the tirned it's head and I saw it was a rooster. Full wattles and comb. I went up to the truck it was parked under and it started hopping frantically to the other side of the truck.
The poor guy either had bumble foot HORRIBLY or two broken legs. Either way, he wouldn't let me get close enough to grab him. I went into the store and got some water and bread (couldn't find much) he started to come out a little, but every time I moved to grab him, he'd panic and hop away. I told the cashier where he was and if there was anyone that she could call to help him... She said yes and she would get on it.
I REALLY hope someone didn't dump him off. And I pray that he is ok and will find a good person to help and love him.

OH, the poor thing. What a shame hes so scared of people. I mean, even mine are a little unwilling, but in his case, someone like you would allready be working on those feet (and so would I).

hit.gif

I attempted to catch him for over an hour. I live 2 hours away so I had to leave. I keep thinking aboit him.. And no one would help.

I called the store and when the cashier left, she took him home and put him in a crate. His feet are bumbled pretty bad and she said he is getting Epsom salt soaks and treated. Made me so happy that she said she's keeping him as a pet

Good! Maybe she can introduce herself on this site and let us see this lucky rooster!

Ps: I've been to Round Hill-passed through-beautiful country!

My husband hunts there. I did mention this sight, so I hope she does too! I'm SOOO happy he's being cared for! Poor guy was terrified!

I told my husband, had I'd caught the little guy, we'd had ourselves ANOTHER rooster lol. I hate the thoughts of HOW he ended up there and WHAT IF no one had seen him.

Back
Top Bottom