The Sizzle Thread!

not a sizzle yet, but heres my start to a millie sizzle project. i kept 4 smooth and 4 frizzle chicks but still bitting my finger nail trying to see which are boys and which are girls. i have a black silkie frizzled roo for the smooth girls and a torti/calico silkies for the frizzled hens. and a small handful of silkie partridge hens for one lucky frizzled roo. :fl crossing my fingers i didnt keep 8 roo's
That is one amazing bird!

Waaaaaah! But you're in West Michagan. I mean, I'm happy for you and more with such lovely, lovely chickens :)

I'm looking for some Frizzles here in California, (no luck yet), and yours are among the neatest I have seen. Of course everyone loves there own little chicks, so no offense meant to anyone, anywhere.

I did see a snap of some bird. A frizzled bantam blue over splash. Kinda like yours, the coloring gave dimension.

O.K enough. Enjoy! Good luck!

Last edited:
ok, I have a chick that is the offspring of my 75% silkie roo (2cd generation crossed back to a silkie) and I crossed him back to another silkie hen. The chick has like a mixture of silkie feathers and normal feathers. Its not like one feather is silkied and the next isn't, its like each feather has silkied and normal feathering mixed together. has this happened before? will he/she grow out of it? I tried to take picture earlier this evening and you couldn't tell on the picture, I will try to get better pics later on!

ok, I have a chick that is the offspring of my 75% silkie roo (2cd generation crossed back to a silkie) and I crossed him back to another silkie hen. The chick has like a mixture of silkie feathers and normal feathers. Its not like one feather is silkied and the next isn't, its like each feather has silkied and normal feathering mixed together. has this happened before? will he/she grow out of it? I tried to take picture earlier this evening and you couldn't tell on the picture, I will try to get better pics later on!
Does the roo have smooth feathering? The baby may have soft feathers, where they are not held together as tight as others, but more light and fluffy, like a cochin.

Does the roo have smooth feathering? The baby may have soft feathers, where they are not held together as tight as others, but more light and fluffy, like a cochin.

Yes he has smooth feathers, but it's not really like any of my other Cochins. It's like half the feather is missing the barbarically thingies that hold the feather together. Does that make sense??

ok these are the best pics i could get of that chick i was talking about, and it still doesn't show what i see in person
sad.png

do you see what i am talking about?

oh and while I'm on here, I have thought this smooth sizzle of being a hen almost her whole life. and today I realized she is a he. I thought he was a paint but now he is starting to get red. would that be calico? and also he isn't really white he is more of like a dun maybe? I know his type is really off so far( even though he is only like 5 months).

see the color difference^^^^?

should i keep him and breed him to this girl? i bought her as a black hen but to me she looks kinds chocolate. I'm not sure if she has been sunburnt and it faded her color or what? I have breed her to my blue roo and all I have gotten has been blue and some times they throw a black.

thanks.

Last edited:
oh and while I'm on here, I have thought this smooth sizzle of being a hen almost her whole life. and today I realized she is a he. I thought he was a paint but now he is starting to get red. would that be calico? and also he isn't really white he is more of like a dun maybe? I know his type is really off so far( even though he is only like 5 months).

should i keep him and breed him to this girl? i bought her as a black hen but to me she looks kinds chocolate. I'm not sure if she has been sunburnt and it faded her color or what? I have breed her to my blue roo and all I have gotten has been blue and some times they throw a black.

thanks.
He is a paint with lots of Champagne leakage, and she is a black just sunbleached. Once she molts she will look more black. You could breed him to her, but you would only get smooth sizzles or silkies, and they may not be correct because of his red comb, and doe she have light skin?. I have a hen just like him, and aside from all her chicks being paint I really don't have much use for her, she doesn't throw the best chicks. BUT I did just get this cutie from her =) I think this is the most correct chick i've ever gotten from her and I hope it's silkied! The skin has gotten darker so I think she wil be okay, but I tend to get pink skinned chicks.

Last edited:
He is a paint with lots of Champagne leakage, and she is a black just sunbleached. Once she molts she will look more black. You could breed him to her, but you would only get smooth sizzles or silkies, and they may not be correct because of his red comb, and doe she have light skin?. I have a hen just like him, and aside from all her chicks being paint I really don't have much use for her, she doesn't throw the best chicks. BUT I did just get this cutie from her =) I think this is the most correct chick i've ever gotten from her and I hope it's silkied! The skin has gotten darker so I think she wil be okay, but I tend to get pink skinned chicks.

thanks for the reply
are you asking if the silkie hen has light skin? or the smooth sizzle? the silkie has dark skin just like regular silkies, but the smooth sizzle has like mixed of light blue and white skin:/ i know he wouldn't be the best for breeding wise, but i was just wondering if his color was good enough to keep him?
oh and ik i will only get smooth, i only have one frizzled hen and she is a polish but i have been hatching chicks from her mixed with my silkies and sizzles and so far i have gotten two smooth and one frizzled sizzle :)

these are my birds that i have been working with, with my sizzle project.

smooth hen

smooth hen

frizzled polish

smooth roo

smooth hen

polish silkie mix

silkie roo

silkie roo

Back
Top Bottom