The story behind my user name

schellie69

Songster
10 Years
Oct 8, 2009
Kansas
First my name is not Schellie, its Pam. I use this name because this person is my hero. She is my 22 year old special needs daughter. Let me tell you her story she was born with no problems when she was 5 she was hit by a family member (no longer part of our lives) in the head many times. It took me until she was 11 to find out how bad this was she has 6 places on her brain that are scare tissue. She is mentally challenged and with the scar tissue it affects her legs causing pain and she walks very stiffed legged. She is also blind in one eye. Does any of this stop her nope she is active in her youth church (they go by her mental age not physical age) she has friends and loves people. She knows that she is the way she is because of another person's actions. She has forgave this person. I am sometimes so amazed because of her love of other people. I just thought I would share this story. She make me proud everyday.

What an inspiring story Pam! Thanks for sharing that here! Your daughter is indeed someone to admire!
thumbsup.gif
hugs.gif

Last edited:
That is so nice, that you recognize her like that ! I worked with DD adults for a long time, many had the same story: born normal, beaten into a disability. They new enough to keep me away from the family members responsible during visiting and meetings and such.

What an inspiring story! Your daughter very lucky indeed to have what she has and who she has in her life. I'm proud of you and her for overcoming such a horrible thing.
hugs.gif

Back
Top Bottom