The story of Wayward Jones, the Polish hen

msdoolittle

Songster
10 Years
Dec 28, 2009
I just posted a new entry on my blog about our young, always lost, hen, Wayward Jones. I thought you all may get a kick out of it. Especially those of you who have raised Polish. This is in NO WAY spam! I do not make any profit off of my blog (I wish!), but I thought you would enjoy another chicken story, and it's complete with pictures and everything:

http://mylittlecountry.wordpress.com/2010/05/25/wheres-wayward/

:0D

Hope you enjoy it!

haha that story was to funny. Loved the pictures. I put a rubberband on Sylars hair yesterday for the first time and I must say she wasn't as spazzy as normal. Was nice not to have her yelp every time I walk by lol Give wayward a pat for me!

Love it
love.gif
But the top hat
lau.gif

Oh, that sounds so familiar. When my Sultan hen was younger, she refused to go in the coop and roost at night unless I took her there myself (that's what you get for raising a spoiled show bird) but I was slacking one night, so by the time I went to put her away, it was dark. I went out with a flashlight, but couldn't find her anywhere! After hours of looking, I finally, shined my light off WAY into the woods and something white caught my eye. I ran for a good few minutes, careful not to trip on a branch, and found my Rosaline just roosting on a random branch. Now she's a big girl and has learned that she can get around without special treatment.

Good story. I think almost every top-hat owner could have been telling it.
smile.png

I have to say the Polish are too funny. I did try the hair band trick, but my girls hated it. They kept trying to get them off and ended up scratching their eyes. 1 of our girls is bearded and the other isn't. Lets just say the bearded girl does get a bit more lost than the other. I've seen her crying out to the others while she was standing in the middle of them. She is also the one who stood on the edge of our fire pit while we had a fire burning in it. Can you say rotisserie Polish ????

Back
Top Bottom