the sultan thread

Hi I got chicks in the assorted bantams and I think I ended up with 4 sultans. So if anyone in oregon is interested they will be available once they feather out.
I agree with color, I would hold them! They are special birds and have become one of my favorite breeds for demeanor and looks...

I have other egg layers in my flock and have raised polish and other crested breeds. They don't get along well and I sell my eggs and sultans aren't the greatest sorry. So please don't get mad at me for not wanting them just wanted to put it out there for other sultan lovers that like and want the breed.

I have other egg layers in my flock and have raised polish and other crested breeds. They don't get along well and I sell my eggs and sultans aren't the greatest sorry. So please don't get mad at me for not wanting them just wanted to put it out there for other sultan lovers that like and want the breed.
Never mad, it was just my opinion and I totally understand...And believe me, I wish you lived closer, I'd take em!!!

Just wanted to share Will (Willow) enjoying some of the sunshine state's not so sunny time in the outside pen. Fern and George were up on the perch with him till I tried to take picks. Both Will and Fern are doing good. And enjoy their time outside but when its time to come in they are more then willing to come in.

King of the roost! Where in Florida do you live? I lived in FL many great years & think about wintering there someday - how do you control snakes ?
Here's a pic of one if our Easter chicks - growing so fast !

King of the roost! Where in Florida do you live? I lived in FL many great years & think about wintering there someday - how do you control snakes ?
Here's a pic of one if our Easter chicks - growing so fast !
Im currently in Homosassa, a little south of Ocala but north of Tampa. As far as snakes it depends on if it's poisonous or not to how it is delt with. Non-poisonous my dog keep in check and if they become a issue we relocate to our other property about 10miles away. But as far as the poisonous one's they are killed on sight. My dog's know to stay back from them but will get our attention to their were a bouts. We have a 8foot indigo that stays on the property so I'm sure it helps with the poisonous one's. All my pens have 1/8inch hardware cloth on the bottom to help with the snakes too. We are hoping to eventually move away from Florida. It's not as pleasant as it once was. Where abouts were you located? Your little one is so cute. Can't wait till mine have some little one's

Back
Top Bottom