The Sussex thread!

Better pic of them.

Better pic of them.

I am so confused and not happy at all "with my shopping experience"! LOL When at Tractor Supply the bin I got my chicks out of had signs that said "speckled sussex" and "dark cornish." I was wanting dark cornish and thought what the heck, I'll get a couple of the speckled sussex too. About half of the birds were little yellowish-cream solid colored birds and the other half were dark "quail-marked" like these birds in your picture. I had no idea what speckled sussex chicks looked like so I assumed the light colored ones were the sussex because I knew dark cornish are quail-marked. lol I think what I thought were dark cornish are actually speckled sussex and the light colored ones WHO KNOWS! I really wanted some dark cornish! So I believe I have four speckles sussex (2m/2f) and two who knows what's. This is why those dark cornish have the wrong kind of comb and their underneath and head keeps getting lighter! Duh! I don't know that I'll be buying chicks at TSC anymore. At least not when I am for sure wanting a certain breed.

Hey, i have light buff Sussex hen and 2 cockerels very stunning, was thinking of getting light Sussex to add a light colour.

I am so confused and not happy at all "with my shopping experience"! LOL When at Tractor Supply the bin I got my chicks out of had signs that said "speckled sussex" and "dark cornish." I was wanting dark cornish and thought what the heck, I'll get a couple of the speckled sussex too. About half of the birds were little yellowish-cream solid colored birds and the other half were dark "quail-marked" like these birds in your picture. I had no idea what speckled sussex chicks looked like so I assumed the light colored ones were the sussex because I knew dark cornish are quail-marked. lol I think what I thought were dark cornish are actually speckled sussex and the light colored ones WHO KNOWS! I really wanted some dark cornish! So I believe I have four speckles sussex (2m/2f) and two who knows what's. This is why those dark cornish have the wrong kind of comb and their underneath and head keeps getting lighter! Duh! I don't know that I'll be buying chicks at TSC anymore. At least not when I am for sure wanting a certain breed.

I bought mine at TSC in Carrollton GA

Just putting it out. There some large markets that sell chooks can be dodgy I bought 3 hens and 1 roo the 2 hens died on the first month one hen Evan had a Tuma

Back
Top Bottom