The Sussex thread!

Hi guys new to this site and thread looks like you all have beautiful birds I have 1 speckled Sussex and 2 black giants
welcome-byc.gif

Congrats on your birds. there are several Sussex threads on BYC. Visit them all, smile. I have Light Sussex
( the white Sussex with the black neck and tail.). Hope to hear more about your birds!
Best Success,
Karen in western PA, USA

Last edited:
I couldn't resist and I picked up three little Speckled Sussex ladies at TSC a couple days ago! I'm excited, I hope mine are as friendly and outgoing as everyone has described the breed! Here's one of the babies:

I couldn't resist and I picked up three little Speckled Sussex ladies at TSC a couple days ago! I'm excited, I hope mine are as friendly and outgoing as everyone has described the breed! Here's one of the babies:
Oh how adorable! I just love the chipmunk striped chicks. My very favorite.
Best,
Karen

Hi everyone!!! I have what i thought was speckled sussex hen. at 7 weeks, SHE just started crowing... lol My daughter had named her fancy when we thought it was a hen. It was the cutest little screachy crow! I wasn't planning on having a SS roo as i have a BCM roo the same age. They are in with about 18 hens. My SS roo seems a little more aggresive towards all the others, he kinda "keeps them in line" lot's of chest bumping with the one dominant female i have as well. Is this a sign he could be aggressive? I am not familair with the breed, so any insight would be helpful. Thanks!

Last edited:
Hi everyone!!! I have what i thought was speckled sussex hen. at 7 weeks, SHE just started crowing... lol My daughter had named her fancy when we thought it was a hen. It was the cutest little screachy crow! I wasn't planning on having a SS roo as i have a BCM roo the same age. They are in with about 18 hens. My SS roo seems a little more aggresive towards all the others, he kinda "keeps them in line" lot's of chest bumping with the one dominant female i have as well. Is this a sign he could be aggressive? I am not familair with the breed, so any insight would be helpful. Thanks!
I think he is just telling them that he is the boss

So the verdict is in...our Olive is Oliver. He began crowing this morning. If anyone in Northern Michigan would like to trade I am interested. We can not keep a rooster where we live.

Back
Top Bottom