The Sussex thread!

Glad to see how to firm them up. I see you feed scrambled eggs. Can you do this with your extra eggs on a daily bases? I keep seeing people stating they feed back the extras but never state how they are feeding them. I have wondered about boilling them and then chopping them up shell and all and feeding it to them but have been afraid they would start eating the raw eggs. Any suggestions for the extras? Bill

Thanks! I am getting so many extras and will start feeding back. I hope the extra protein and calcium will be helpful to them. Bill

We have done both it is certainly easier to hardboil but my girls like the scrambled egg, oatmeal and eggshell breakfast on cold mornings. I have heard this helps with laying in colder months. Although my chicks are only 10 weeks. They are very nice chicks and happy. You know what they say, Happy Chicks make Happy Layers.

We have done both it is certainly easier to hardboil but my girls like the scrambled egg, oatmeal and eggshell breakfast on cold mornings. I have heard this helps with laying in colder months. Although my chicks are only 10 weeks. They are very nice chicks and happy. You know what they say, Happy Chicks make Happy Layers.

If ya want the ease of a hard boiled but still want scrambled there is a really cool video on YouTube on how to scramble an egg IN THE SHELL!!! I tried it and it worked....a bit time consuming but a pretty neat trick!!! Check it out.

Can anyone tell me the sex of these 61/2 week old sussex's... thank you muchly!

1 - Wiggles (really hoping this silver sussex is a girl)

2 - Lochie who I really think is a rooster, tail grew quicker than the others

3 - Lady who seems to be very much a hen.

Wiggles' comb has only just come out in the last couple of days and it is still quite pale in colour. What are the signs I should look for?

Thanks in anticipation!!!

i would say #1 roo (and i don't think its a silver) #2 roo #3 hen
Can anyone tell me the sex of these 61/2 week old sussex's... thank you muchly!

1 - Wiggles (really hoping this silver sussex is a girl)

2 - Lochie who I really think is a rooster, tail grew quicker than the others

3 - Lady who seems to be very much a hen.

Wiggles' comb has only just come out in the last couple of days and it is still quite pale in colour. What are the signs I should look for?

Thanks in anticipation!!!

Hi guys every body doing good man I have been busy as a bee getting things done almost finished with the coop the chick chicks should be in their new home about next week still getting feathered in but boy do the look sharp in the new plumage and they sure do love the sun we have been Having here in wa I call them the bandit pack of yardbirds cause they just thieves each other of the worms and bugs they forage just getting to be happy pulleys will post videos and more pics when I Getty more time

Back
Top Bottom