The Sussex thread!

My two week old speckled sussex chicks! Real excited about this breed! Hoping for them to be useful and beautiful! Already seem to be friendlyand hardy! And so cute!

Hi everyone, I'm a total newbie to sussexes, and to chickens in general. Can anyone tell me the sex of these two speckled sussexes?

Here is a picture of Kazooie at ~8 weeks old. Kazooie was, sadly, killed by my roommate's dog just two weeks later. The dog had always been fine around chickens!! :( As my first chicken, Kazooie was the most beautiful chicken in all the world, and had such an outgoing personality...would have been great for clicker-training. I was pretty sure she was a pullet, but I'm kind of hoping someone says rooster, because then I wouldn't feel so sad about her dying. We can't keep roo's here in town, so "she" would have ended up in a pot anyway if that had been the case.

And here is Kazooie's replacement, the unnamed "Kazooie-Tooie," at ~10 weeks old. Not nearly as beautiful and fun and outgoing. I'm avoiding naming him/her until I'm sure it's a pullet. Don't want to get too attached again. :(
His/her comb started to turn more pink the day after I took this picture.

Thanks!

Can anyone take a guess at this chick's gender? I believe it is a coronation sussex (but was a mystery egg from a breeder w/ different sussexes and breeding projects happening). Its 6 1/2 weeks old.

Back
Top Bottom