The Sussex thread!

My new Speckled Sussex baby! 4 days old! Meet Athena, Goddess of The Sussex!!
ega3a8yv.jpg

ha ha ha Love the name Athena !!! My dog is named Nemesis - hindsight, not the best choice of names since she lived up to it.

Thanks for all the pics to everyone - I am still very happy with my SS roo .... I was going to trade him, but he has turned out to be such a good shepherd for the flock, and not aggressive with me and he is now over a year old.

ha ha ha Love the name Athena !!! My dog is named Nemesis - hindsight, not the best choice of names since she lived up to it.

Thanks for all the pics to everyone - I am still very happy with my SS roo .... I was going to trade him, but he has turned out to be such a good shepherd for the flock, and not aggressive with me and he is now over a year old.
Yeah, my kids named her. Lol We only have 1 other Sussex, which is my roo, so they decided she was going to be his girlfriend. Lol. They just don't get that he has 4 red pullets for gf's too, & our new sussex chick is brooding with 2 BO chicks that will be his gf's also. Lol He's a stud!!! Lmbo!!

Hi,
Well I'm a happy camper!
wee.gif
My broody hen, March, has a daughter hatched Feb. 23rd who started laying 3 days ago.
That's 6 1/2 months. A bit early for Sussex so that's a good thing. The eggs look good, nice size and good shell.
That's March as a 10 month old pullet in my avatar. She is 18 months old now.
celebrate.gif

Karen in western PA, USA

Hi,
Well I'm a happy camper!
wee.gif
My broody hen, March, has a daughter hatched Feb. 23rd who started laying 3 days ago.
That's 6 1/2 months. A bit early for Sussex so that's a good thing. The eggs look good, nice size and good shell.
That's March as a 10 month old pullet in my avatar. She is 18 months old now.
celebrate.gif

Karen in western PA, USA

Nice looking pullet Karen

My SS rooster is very sweet with all of us. When I go outside he comes running like a mad man to see if I've brought treats. He doesn't fuss when we pick him up or anything, and will jump up on the arm of our chairs while we r sitting in them and hang out. But the other day he attacked my 18month old granddaughter. She wasn't very close to him, & wasn't trying to touch the chicken. Just pointing at them and calling them "bock bock's". Left quite a bruise on her arm. A few days later she was walking towards him and I went to get her, just incase, and before I got there he came after her again. I screamed and scared him long enough to get her b4 he did. I don't understand y he attacks her though, & is so gentle with the rest of us. We have never let her touch them because she doesn't know how to be easy. Any ideas?

Back
Top Bottom