The Sussex thread!

If your rooster is attacking ANYONE, I think he needs to be dinner. How old is he? Some males develop more aggression as they get older. Either be certain that he can't ever get to anyone else, especially any child, or have him gone. He could seriously injure a toddler, and scare her for life. Mary
Well. Looks like he's getting braver! I opened the run to let all the birds out, like I do every morning, & he came out on the attack. If his spurs were actually spurs yet, he woulda got me good!! Idk why! :( But if he's gonna try and back me in a corner, no telling what he'd try to do to the baby or my kids! Time to make a new plan!! Grrrrr!!!

Sonderah, so sorry about your cockrel. He"ll only get worse! I've kept three SS cockrels over the years; two were jerks, only one was a nice polite guy with people. I tried all the behavior modification techniques that I found to no avail. Not a good experience either time. It's much safer to NOT handle the males or try to make pet of them; sometimes they loose all respect fo r humans because of being handled too much..Mary

Sonderah, so sorry about your cockrel. He"ll only get worse! I've kept three SS cockrels over the years; two were jerks, only one was a nice polite guy with people. I tried all the behavior modification techniques that I found to no avail. Not a good experience either time. It's much safer to NOT handle the males or try to make pet of them; sometimes they loose all respect fo r humans because of being handled too much..Mary

Back
Top Bottom