The Sussex thread!

One of my speckled sussex, Chewie (as in Star Wars' Chewbacca) She's the one in for foreground. The ones behind her are my cuckoo marans.

Below is my other speckled sussex, Sophie on the right with one of my marans, Groucho, on the left. Groucho gives me double yolk eggs once or twice a week and LOVES to pull my ponytail!

I love the sussex. Their personalities are wonderful-inquisitive, friendly (if a bit of a pest at times). And they are gluttons for dust bathing-they tend to hoard the favorite dust bath and make the marans use the secondary one or else wait... and wait..... Once in a while they build a chicken pile in the favorite dust bath. That can look kinda creepy because it looks like someone put a pile of dead chickens in the dirt. Then when they stand up they walk like a baby with a full diaper until they shake the dirt off.

Thanks! I think so too, but then again.. I'm a bit biased
love.gif

[/IMG]

The chicks are finally getting a few feathers. They seem to be more of a caramel color rather than the reddish color I've seen on Internet pictures.

Hello everyone! I do not as of yet have my Sussex chicks, I will be getting them in the spring. All of your Sussex chickens look so friendly! Are they also just as friendly towards other chickens? I have Buff orpingtons right now and wish to get some more chickens in the spring. All wisdom and advice welcome!:bow

Back
Top Bottom