The Sussex thread!

My Silvers are here! We've had a couple days of sunshine, so I am scrambling before the next round moves in tonight. We went from drought to excessive moisture. I'm not complaining (only a little) because my pond is full and I had to fill it with the well the past 2 years. It's slightly amusing that we put in the watering system and raised beds this year, only to never use the watering system. I'm sure we will but I guess that's how you get the rain to come back, just install a watering system.

Anyway, I haven't forgotten I owe ya'll pictures of the Silvers, plus, I still need to take pics of the Lights and Speckleds but the garden must be put in while I have a chance. As soon as the rain grounds me, I'll grab the camera and go!
big_smile.png

Karen, really appreciated the info. I raise my birds naturally as well. I didn't start that way, simply from pure ignorance, but I really like my management system now. I owe a lot of people on BYC for helping me along the way. Also Harvey Ussery for his book.

I know this is a rather ambiguous question, but I would like to hear some input about how noisy Sussex roos are. And if they are quite aggressive. I know it varies a lot from bird to bird, but would like to hear some of y'alls experience.

I know this is a rather ambiguous question, but I would like to hear some input about how noisy Sussex roos are. And if they are quite aggressive. I know it varies a lot from bird to bird, but would like to hear some of y'alls experience.

Lol my Fred is LS and hasn't started to crow ( at nearly 6 mths ) least to say I was concerned. I heard him yesterday not loud at all and my friend says the same hers crows am and again pm that's it unless there is danger. Mine and hers are docile and friendly. You need to handle / pat and meal worm or treat them everyday so when hormones kick in they stay compliant

Back
Top Bottom