The Sussex thread!

@campingshaws Bummer on the frostbite. Yeah ventilation and no drafts is they key to preventing it, and keeping them out of their water. Worst frostbite pics I've seen were from wattles getting dipped in water.
At least he still has a comb. My dad had a RIR get bad frostbite on his comb and then it ripped it mostly off on the fence. When he healed up he became a smooth comb...

I'm so happy. My 19week light Sussex has layed her first egg this morning
1f600.png
can't believe it and i won on the lotto haha im in luck today t

Last edited:
1f600.png

Lol Only true chicken livers feel like they've hit the lottery after finding a $.20 egg! I'm still waiting on my ladies' first. It'll be a good day when it happens! :)

Lol Only true chicken livers feel like they've hit the lottery after finding a $.20 egg! I'm still waiting on my ladies' first. It'll be a good day when it happens! :)

Oh my gosh! Chicken *LOVERS*; not *livers*! Stupid auto correct! I promise I'm not calling you names! Lol

I gave you an ovation and hit two p's instead of one.
She's 'super' not 'supper'. Your daughter might not understand.
lau.gif

Boy did we get a great laugh.

DD is carrying the giant 10 lb hen around the yard shouting:
Are you feeling down & hungry?
It's a bird; it's a plane; it's SUPPER CHICKEN to the rescue!

1f600.png
Congrats!
yippiechickie.gif

I also took about a dozen pics of our 1st egg! (and hundreds more since.) I was so excited & proud, one might have thought I laid the egg myself.

Pics like: Here's the egg in the nest. my daughter collecting the egg in the basket, egg next to the hen, 1st fresh egg next to the last store egg we ever bought., egg in the fry pan, 1st egg of another hen, 1st time we filled an egg carton, etc. The list goes on & on. My parents used to get pics of the grandkids & now they get chicken pics.

Yes, chicken people can truly understand your excitement.

Back
Top Bottom