The Sussex thread!

Poor Dorothy sat for 5 weeks on two different sets of eggs for them to all die in the later stages. She was willing to go longer but I decided it was for her own good that she went back outside as she was skin and bone. Here she is having a lie down on the grass after all her hard work!
11896251_10203255826236101_6840590744377438701_n.jpg
b

[COLOR=141823]Poor Dorothy sat for 5 weeks on two different sets of eggs for them to all die in the later stages. She was willing to go longer but I decided it was for her own good that she went back outside as she was skin and bone. Here she is having a lie down on the grass after all her hard work![/COLOR]
11896251_10203255826236101_6840590744377438701_n.jpg
b

Awe... Dorthy is so cute!

Welcome back Dorothy. I missed seeing her pics. I know she must have her own fan club here on the Sussex thread.
Great photography as usual.
I hope you entered a pic of her for the BYC calendar.

I'm not sure if y'all remember, but about four months back I hatched a very dark chick who was a little puny and leaned to the right. Well she's still with me, with a neck deformity that doesn't really seem to slow her down. She keeps to herself, but the rest of the flock don't seen to treat her too badly.

I call her Pigeon. :)

Last edited:
I'm not sure if y'all remember, but about four months back I hatched a very dark chick who was a little puny and leaned to the right. Well she's still with me, with a neck deformity that doesn't really seem to slow her down. She keeps to herself, but the rest of the flock don't seen to treat her too badly.

I call her Pigeon.
smile.png
Glad to hear she's doing OK. I hatched a bantam in the middle of all full-sized chickens. I never really expected to keep her since I was told a lonely bantam in a sea of big hens would not work. My Cookie never realized she was small. In fact, she earned the nickname "the Bantam Menace" because of her big fearless attitude & determination. What I'm trying to say is that chickens will constantly surprise you.

I know I've posted her pic on a couple threads already, but she is one of our first chickens ever and yesterday we got our very first egg! She is just so beautiful to me and by far the most friendly, sweet tempered, silly little chicken in our little flock of 5. Although, not for long. (Got a lockdown of Silkies and Seramas due Sunday!) Very proud chicken momma right here! :)

Back
Top Bottom