The Sussex thread!

Hi,
What is that on the hens shoulders? Is that feathers or a scarf?
Thanks,
Karen
That was supposed to be a zebra striped hen saddle that I made too small. (shrunk in wash) It looked like a super hero cape on my giant 12 lb hen, so my daughter liked to play dress up with it. Instead of calling her "Super Chicken" a typo named her "Supper Chicken." ....and a new nickname was born.

Lagathar out n about

That was supposed to be a zebra striped hen saddle that I made too small. (shrunk in wash) It looked like a super hero cape on my giant 12 lb hen, so my daughter liked to play dress up with it. Instead of calling her "Super Chicken" a typo named her "Supper Chicken." ....and a new nickname was born.
That's so cute! And she is such a pretty hen.

Sorry to post all the Orpington, EE, & Bielefelder pics on the Sussex thread, but we love & spoil them all.

Here's our part Sussex mix. She's chatty & lovable. Also a camera hog! Her name is Precious.

Why take a pic of any other hen when precious is around?
OMG! This is so fricken' cute! Her eyes are so adorable.
love.gif

OMG! This is so fricken' cute! Her eyes are so adorable.
love.gif
Thank you.
"Precious" is just that. She's always the 1st to greet us & follows us around as we do the chores. She "talks" to us about her day. If we ignore her, she gets LOUDER & whines. Of course I believe most of what she's saying is, "Treeaaats, Treeeeaaats......TREEEEAAAATS." I'm sure you must know that noise I'm referring to. She's simply a chicken that cannot be ignored. She also has a habit of standing on my feet if she wants to be picked up or simply jumping in my lap as soon as I sit down.

Thank you.
"Precious" is just that. She's always the 1st to greet us & follows us around as we do the chores. She "talks" to us about her day. If we ignore her, she gets LOUDER & whines. Of course I believe most of what she's saying is, "Treeaaats, Treeeeaaats......TREEEEAAAATS." I'm sure you must know that noise I'm referring to. She's simply a chicken that cannot be ignored. She also has a habit of standing on my feet if she wants to be picked up or simply jumping in my lap as soon as I sit down.
That is just too cute! I know what you mean, we have roo that is pretty greedy with our laps. I think he knows he can relax and take a nap when we are out there.

Back
Top Bottom