The Sussex thread!

Johnn, she just gets prettier everyday:love. I got some SS from Meyer hatchery this year and have some on order from papas poultry. I am very anxiously awaiting for those girls to grow up quick so Sue can have his own flock.

Johnn, she just gets prettier everyday:love. I got some SS from Meyer hatchery this year and have some on order from papas poultry. I am very anxiously awaiting for those girls to grow up quick so Sue can have his own flock.
Thank you very much! :)

Johnn-
Dorothy always looks so wonderful - even with muddy feet. My chickens never look that good after scratching around in the mud! You must also have a gift for photography to pick just the right backdrops & lighting. Simply awesome. Please keep them coming. I enjoy the beauty.

Hello! I'd like to join this thread, please :) I recently acquired a SS chick (sexed pullet) from Cackle hatchery. She's the calmest in the group, not easily excitable (except when it comes to digging) and so far my favorite. Middle of the current pecking order.

I'll be able to post pics when I have a sturdier internet connection, but she's only 6 days old so you can imagine :)

How long before they start to show sexable features?

Thanks!

Dorothy
13051514_10204415990999495_8872582879681991334_n.jpg

Hello! I'd like to join this thread, please
smile.png
I recently acquired a SS chick (sexed pullet) from Cackle hatchery. She's the calmest in the group, not easily excitable (except when it comes to digging) and so far my favorite. Middle of the current pecking order.

I'll be able to post pics when I have a sturdier internet connection, but she's only 6 days old so you can imagine
smile.png

How long before they start to show sexable features?

Thanks!

Welcome! Here is ours last year. I'd say every chick is different, but you'll notice a big red comb pretty early on a boy, maybe around 4-6 weeks, sometimes earlier. You can wait for then and post in the 'what gender is this section'.

Back
Top Bottom