The Sussex thread!

Pics
76532_76532_jacks_chickens_003.jpg

my light sussex

Looks like warmer weather starting next week!!! I have Speckled sussex Hatching eggs available to be shipped if anyone is interested! (There are pictures of my SS in recent posts on this thread, chicks and my flock)
Is anyone planning on attending the big "nationals" I've heard is going to happen in Indianapolis,IN this fall?

I am SOOOOO Stoked!!!! I have wanted some White / Coronation sussex since I have returned back to the wonderful world of chickens. I was watching an BYC Auction for 10 + eggs last night. I bid on it the max I could afford right now. I went to bed and woke up at 5 am because of a headache, and made sure I will still in the running. I found out that I had won the auction, so I have some pure coronation / split eggs coming!!!! I have a couple of speckled Sussex and they are my best layers so far, as well as super friendly. I have another Pullet and a roo coming from a friend, so I will be adding to my pure list. I will have pure BR, SS, EE, and soon Coronation and white sussex!!!

Can anyone give me pointers on the Coronation / White lines?

These will be going into my Brinsea! I'm setting BO, BA, and SLW on Tuesday. The Sussex on Wednesday!

Just posted hatching eggs for my SS on the "sales" thread....here's some pictures of some of my flock....
Some of the girls hanging out...
7110_hensinarow.jpg

Bagock, one of the hens
7110_bagok.jpg

Radar, my main Rooster and the sire to any of the hatching eggs purchased!
7110_radar011811.jpg

another hen...
7110_hen011811.jpg

Just hatched 6 out of 15 eggs From a Split Coronation flock from ebay eggs.Had a few more peeping.
fl.gif
How do you tell which are Light Sussex and which are coronations?? there all yellow. Do you have to wait til they start feather out?

Last edited:
You should be able to tell at two weeks(maybe earlier).
Pick them up and look at the underneath of the wings. The light/splits will have black feathers starting.

Back
Top Bottom