The Sussex thread!

Pics
Went outside and got some pictures cause it was so nice out today
big_smile.png

One of the chicks basking in the heat light
7110_102_0375.jpg

Hiding under the dog kennel lid I put in there for another little shelter (nice butt shot there LOL)
7110_102_0376.jpg

(insert JAWS theme song here)
lol.png

7110_102_0379.jpg

One of my hens
7110_102_0384.jpg

7110_102_0385.jpg

So, I have 6 speckled sussex - 4 days old - in with 6 EE 4 day olds, and one black sex link ( also 4 days old) they are all over the place, but the sussex chicks will come over, get in my hand, try to eat my hair, etc. with little to no fear while the others are still a little nervous. Is this typical of the breed for them to be so friendly and outgoing?

Quote:
I only have SS (well I had Japanese ones when I was kid, I don't remember if they were friendly or not) so can't compare but they are pretty friendly, like puppy, they will follow you all over
smile.png

My husband said I can't buy chicks this year, I have to wait till next spring... But I want!!!
I might just go and happened to see them and just buy them...

Quote:
I only have SS (well I had Japanese ones when I was kid, I don't remember if they were friendly or not) so can't compare but they are pretty friendly, like puppy, they will follow you all over
smile.png

My husband said I can't buy chicks this year, I have to wait till next spring... But I want!!!
I might just go and happened to see them and just buy them...

I never really understood chicken math before this - but really, who can count them very well when they won't hold still? I can see how people area little fuzzy on the details about how many they actually own. You could maybe slip a few in unnoticed, no?

TY he is a pretty boy and he knows it, he will strut around his girls. We love watching them, he is a great ROO. His name is Foghorn but my DH calls him Floghorn becasue he doesnt let him in the pen.

My sussex chicks drink TONS of water. and doo really watery excrement all the time. More -by far- than any of my other chicks did. Is this a sussex thing? or is there something else playing a role.

Back
Top Bottom