The Sussex thread!

Pics
Those silver chicks are adorable!
love.gif
droolin.gif

I would LOVE to get some eggs...but can't convince my husband that it's ok to spend $20 on 1 egg.
lol.png
Silvers can't be shown an APA shows right? Or are they able to be shown but can't compete past their variety?

Only the Speckled, the Red and the Light (Colombian) are accepted in the Standard of Perfection. Any variety may be shown, but can not win past that variety. By any means please show them. They must meet the SOP for the breed type. Not sure on the color. There are several silver color patterns.

Quote:

Quote:
Looking like cockerels . . . Did you order a striaght run? How many SS chicks did you get?

I had ordered 12 pullets & 1 male, gave permission for any extras to be male, and am thinking based on the combs that I may have gotten a straight run? But I checked with Estes and they have a 90% sexing guarantee, so if I really only have 3 males we are good. I do have 2 more in the brooder that also have larger red combs, and the gal who bought some of my extras also has one that looks like a boy. They do credit your account if you have more than the 10% error rate, or can replace them with another order.

Back
Top Bottom