The Sussex thread!

Pics
Quote:
The last three are some of the nicest colored Speckleds I've seen in a long time!
thumbsup.gif

I have recently purchased coronation sussex eggs from 2 sources, nothing has grown. One did have a lot with dislodged air cells so they were probably handled roughly. BOTH were extremely porous. For those of you that have this variety, have you checked your eggs? Is this porosity a breed thing? I know it isn't my bators, I have 100% hatch rate with my own eggs, and I have 8 eggs from ebay(polish, one was cracked and I elmer glued it and IT is even growing). I don't want to complain as I know shipped eggs are a risk but both these cost me over $40ea. and I have nothing to show. I did contact the first breeder and they are replacing for cost of shipping. I am going to contact the second breeder. I got 2 chicks from Greenfire with the rare breed special and just wanted to add a few more...didn't think it would be this hard
hmm.png

Quote:
Congratulations!

I have had two hatches this year ... .

The first ones were so mild and calm.
The second ones were wild chickens.
I have batch # 3 in the incubator now. All are from the same parents. . . . . Don't know why there was such a difference in the personalities.

Getting excited here! I have my birds banded and pollorum tested for the show this saturday here in Michigan!
wee.gif
I plan on bringing the birds that are going to the show into my garage on friday morning and getting them ready to go. I think that'll give me plenty of time to clean up thier feet and legs (it's like a mud-pit outside...rain rain rain!) and not too long that they'll get irritated sitting in cages.
I plan on snapping pictures of any sussex I see there and will post them on here!
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom