The Sussex thread!

Pics
So today my hen "Big Bertha" won Reserve of Breed!!
yippiechickie.gif
There was only one other exhibitor there and 9 speckleds shown. I got a lot of good information from the judge...very interesting to see the similarities and differences between a rabbit show and a poultry show.
big_smile.png
Pictures coming soon!
wee.gif

Oh...and some how these cute lil' buggers got into my van...perhaps magic?
wink.png
yes...yes...that's what we'll go with if my husband asks!
lol.png

it's amazing how those darn chickens can open a car door
wink.png

7110_04300951.jpg

7110_04301419.jpg

Quote:
Congratulations! I can't wait to see pics! We named our meat chicken 'Big Bertha' (Cornish Cross), and she's the favorite of my daughter (who's 2 1/2). My little speckled sussexes got to play outside today because the weather was nice. I let my old egg eating barred rock hen out with them so she could warn them of danger. Thankfully all 8 (5 boys and 3 girls) were back in the coop where they belonged at sundown. Which reminds me, I need to speak with Estes about their sexing guarantee......Ironically, I'd ordered 12 pullets and 1 male, gave permission for any extras to be male, ended up with 14 total sussexes, and out of the ones I kept 5 are boys! And out of the 6 I sold, one is a boy! I believe I ended up with a straight run......
sad.png

But that's okay. At least this way, I can pick the 2 boys with the best personalities, and sell the other 3 or process them in the fall.

I did take more pics, and will try to remember to upload them.

nevermind this message...i answered my own question right after I posted it
big_smile.png

Last edited:
barnie.gif
I bought 7 birds off of somebody on another site. 4 silver sussex and 3 splits two weeks ago. he just called about shipping them and they are too big to all fit in the box. so he is shipping the 4 silvers and refunding the splits but he is not dividing the price by 7 he is only taking off a little for the splits.
he.gif

hopefully I'll have pics of them tomorrow when they get here

20212_uno_2.jpg
This is my best girl Uno she is my number one girl, she is sweet, not so quiet in fact she is the talker of the bunch she just follows me around all day and talks the whole time. she is so funny! She does have crooked toes but I think that was due to hatching/incubation problems.

Back
Top Bottom