The Sussex thread!

Pics
LOL too funny!Math ace, Gotta love em! Well yesterday I posted about little sweetpea getting out of her brooder box yesterday. But today, I was taking a nap and woke up to Sweetpea sitting on the arm of my recliner chair just staring at me and talking very loudly I might add, thats what woke me up, when I said what do you think your doing little girl she just walked up my arm to my shoulder and started grooming my head! and peeping the whole time. I know I don't have bugs, so what was up with that! tomarrow they get a lid on there box! My sons were sitting in the living room on the couch across the room and couldn't believe she did that, they said she hopped out of the box and made a bee-line for my chair. She had an agenda I think, She has a bad habit of hopping on the edge of her brooder box and hopping over to the computer and sitting in the chair with me while Im online. LOL She is great!

Quote:
lau.gif

~ Aspen

I think I am destined to not have Speckled Sussex
sad.png
. I bought 6 from one local guy and of the 6, five are solid red with some black hackle feathers. So I bought more from a different local person. They got sick the next day with cocci and some unknown respiratory illness. After spending $$ trying to get them well, I gave up after a week and euthanized them so as to not spread the respiratory problem to my other chickens in case it was viral (I got the cocci under control though). It looks like this breed is not meant to be for me.
sad.png

I have 2 coronation sussex that I thought were a pair, one has a slightly larger comb and is a *little* pink. They will be 7 weeks tomorrow. I have never had this breed so I wasn't sure, do the coronation mature later or possible I have 2 pullets? The reason I ask is because someone posted a pic of their 7 wk old with big wattles and a red comb...anyone know if these are just slower developing? I will get pics during the day tomorrow....

At last
jumpy.gif

my 6 Speckled Sussex chicks have arrived from MPC. one I'm worried about. Gave polyvisol drops, eyes not open, leaning back can only stand upright against side of tub, stagers around like carsick
sickbyc.gif
they are all a little off blance like saliors getting their land legs. But oho so cutie with their little stripes of many colors. some have little dots and dashes like moris-code and many variation of color.Will take pics soon as they get alittle rest and more stable on their little legs.
D.gif
D.gif
D.gif

Back
Top Bottom