The Sussex thread!

Pics
Quote:
I got mine from Cackle Hatchery that I had special ordered through Rural king and it cost me just under $ 12.00 for 5 they were 1.99 per chick I did have to pay taxes included in the 12.00 on them but no shipping or small order charge. I thought that was really good.
Just checked McMurry Hatchery and the 5 chicks would have costed me 13.90 +9.19 shipping + tax. and you have to order 25 so..... ya I think I made out pretty good.
Checked Meyer too, still more expensive, 13.50 for 5 plus they have a minimum order requirement, plus it wont show how much the shipping is until you finish the ordering process.

Last edited:
Hi I'm so happy
D.gif
all my new SS chicks appear to have made it here very well, they are doing great today.
so here is their first pic they are supposed to be pullets.

83510_4.jpg

I'm in love with these little ones
love.gif

My speckled sussex are 4 weeks old now (in with 4 dominique - same age)
79085_ss4.jpg

So far, this is the only one that I am sure is a roo out of 9...I would LOVE those numbers! Guessing a few more days may present a couple of more
79085_ss3.jpg

Quote:
MPC said that they use vent sexing, not 100% but much better than feather sexing which is iffy? I think that you can look these up on youtube.

Last edited:
I bought a flock of Coronation Sussex and a Quad of Light Sussex. They're from Paul Bradshaw - GreenFireFarms. I'm really excited about these guys b/c I got them for a steal! Around $240 for all of them, I'm wishing now I would have gotten the other Light Sussex hens..oh well.

47807_sussex_5.jpg

47807_sussex_9.jpg

47807_sussex_8.jpg

47807_sussex_6.jpg

47807_sussex_4.jpg

47807_sussex_3.jpg

47807_sussex_2.jpg

47807_sussex1.jpg

47807_sussex.jpg

I have some updated pictures, just haven't uploaded them. I have around 12-18 of their eggs in the 'bator cook'in due 6/9. Really excited to see what I get!
wee.gif
pop.gif

~ Aspen

Back
Top Bottom