The Sussex thread!

Quite interesting. I have a roo from this hatch too. Let me back up a bit. I bought these chicks from a man who said they were pure speckled sussex. 5 of the chicks were light, 1 was dark with faint chipmunk markings. As they grew and it became apparent that they were not pure SS, the man then told me he had a light sussex in with the pair of ss and these eggs probably belong to a mix of the 2 hens. So I though that maybe the dark chick was ss. Now I am no sure. He has way too many speckles to be a ss. I'll, the light chicks changed into these red pullets and the darker chick is a cockerel. He is way too speckly to be a pure. This is them at a couple weeks of age.

IMG_1476Medium.jpg

I don't know but they look like they could be Mixed colored Sussex? All my girls looked like the darkest one at that age. but hopefully someone else will confirm or have a better explaination for ya!

Quote:
I only have 1 pullet....2 eggs hopefully hatching in 2 days
fl.gif
think one of the few times I am hoping for a cockeral....

oh me I have had no luck with eggs that ive been getting first 2 dozen were not fertile and i told the person he sent me 16 more only 4 are developing and the thing is they were from pure and light sussex hens and i want silvers so the ones developing are prolly gonna be light roos i see you have swedish flower hens as well

Oh my lord you havent heard or seen a
Silver Sussex myself I think they are the
Prettiest of the Sussex breed I don't have
Any pictures you can google it

Back
Top Bottom