The Sussex thread!

I can't get over how active these coro sussex are. They chirp and talk constantly and are in constant motion. I didn't think I could ever get a pic. Here are a few shots. Sorry how poor they turned out. I will try to take some better pics.

I got these chicks from blue poultry and they are greenfire stock.
http://s1099.photobucket.com/albums/g395/flowerchild1959/Chickens/

55495_sussex_2011_july.jpg

55495_head_1.jpg

Last edited:
Quote:
Where is this thread? I am going to be attending the big National show in Indianapolis and I'm hoping to learn a bit more about show quality vs hatchery. My birds are not hatchery...but I feel they are a little on the small size for the breed. I also like a lot more white on my birds compared to what I've been recently told is acceptable. I feel that if they're called Speckled sussex...they should be speckled!!!
smile.png

Quote:
Where is this thread? I am going to be attending the big National show in Indianapolis and I'm hoping to learn a bit more about show quality vs hatchery. My birds are not hatchery...but I feel they are a little on the small size for the breed. I also like a lot more white on my birds compared to what I've been recently told is acceptable. I feel that if they're called Speckled sussex...they should be speckled!!!
smile.png

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=429217

Come join in the fun!

I have to "show"off my 2 girls, Flo and Gidget!

58941_flo_love_17_weeks_3.jpg

58941_gidget_17_weeks.jpg

Gidget just layed her first egg @ 17 weeks 4 days and was the very first of the sweet 16 to start, we are so proud of her, she is such a sweeheart!
love.gif

Quote:
After seeing your girls I'm not worried Miss Piggy is getting too fat. Having never had chickens, and not been around live adult chickens I don't know how big they should be. She's 15 1/2 weeks.
36468_misspiggy_6-17.jpg

Last edited:
While out in the yard tonight I snapped a picture of my daughter Hannah with one of our pullets
smile.png

7110_hannahen.jpg

Back
Top Bottom