The Sussex thread!

Quote:
I posted the photo because I thought it was cute, not because I was questioning her gender. She hasn't laid yet but she also has not a hint of pointy feathering in her hackle or saddle area nor does her tail contain any sickle feathers She's a roly-poly little ball with a butt like J-Lo on her and a waddle in her step. There is nothing rooish at all about her body shape, vocalizations, or mannerisms. So yeah, I know she has some wattle on her -- they popped up at 4 weeks and scared the crap out of me. I suspect she'll have rather a large wattle/comb combo for her breed and gender and she might begin to lay on the early side. But a rooster? No, I don't think so.

Oh, and the cockerel is young but he doesn't jump anything that moves. He dances for and mounts only the older pullets with red combs/faces. He's rather a gentleman (he must have heard me when I said he could only stay if he behaved himself).

Quote:
I posted the photo because I thought it was cute, not because I was questioning her gender. She hasn't laid yet but she also has not a hint of pointy feathering in her hackle or saddle area nor does her tail contain any sickle feathers She's a roly-poly little ball with a butt like J-Lo on her and a waddle in her step. There is nothing rooish at all about her body shape, vocalizations, or mannerisms. So yeah, I know she has some wattle on her -- they popped up at 4 weeks and scared the crap out of me. I suspect she'll have rather a large wattle/comb combo for her breed and gender and she might begin to lay on the early side. But a rooster? No, I don't think so.

Oh, and the cockerel is young but he doesn't jump anything that moves. He dances for and mounts only the older pullets with red combs/faces. He's rather a gentleman (he must have heard me when I said he could only stay if he behaved himself).

I hope she is for ya! LOL it is a very cute picture! She may just be a very early developer. I just had one of my l6 week old Speckled sussex lay her first egg. very early! So it does happen, she did get red in the comb and in the wattles but hers are just red slits, I thought that was odd too. She should be laying very soon with a comb and wattles that noticable! Good luck to ya!
Ps I really meant didn't mean to offend you! Im sorry if I did.

My Blue Coronation Sussex chicks, I'm pretty sure I have a pair.

The cockerel.
IMG_4782.jpg

IMG_4800.jpg

The pullet.
IMG_4793.jpg

IMG_4809.jpg

IMG_4814.jpg

Sleepy baby.
love.gif

IMG_4817.jpg

Back
Top Bottom