The Sussex thread!

Pretty, Pretty, Pretty, Call Ducks!
Which are you taking to a show this year? Loving the hackles coloring! So correct on the males.
Could come up a bit higher on the nape of the neck, but the coloring and balance of black & white
is stunning!. Lovely breed type. Huge congrats to Emily for breeding them and yourself for obtaining them.
Best,
Karen

Last edited:
None are going to show this year! Next year though!! They are lovely you have to see them to believe them! They are HUGE. Best part is i can see no Aussie sussex showing up!

What's with this topic, i guess sussex craze is over now??

Those are some pretty birds, Call Ducks. I cna't seem to get any LS eggs to hatch no matter what I try. I will have some chicks shipped to me I suppose.
hmm.png
I plan on hatching some of my Coronations when I get them separated. As far as the Sussex craze goes, I'm still getting into them. They are my new favorite breed. I don't plan on slowing down!
big_smile.png

Hey,

The sussex is a great breed! Even tough these are in a molt right now there was a hen who laid an egg in the crate some time thoughout the shipment (they were shipped via jet from BC to NS).

Does anyone have the SOP for Light Sussex? Preferably in a free pdf form. I assume this is what would be best to breed Coronations to.
hu.gif
I believe I have a very nice pair to start out with. I would just like to compare them to the SOP and breed to that. I don't think that Coronation is recognized yet, but I think it would be best to stay true to the breed when breeding.

I don't have a SOP in PDF (but would love one!)

But yes if you are going to be breeding Coro's you should be breeding to the APA. One thing i could suggest is try to find a light sussex line that was not bred to aussie sussex.

Back
Top Bottom