The Transparent Hen

I have one.  I have been using it with great success for about 40 years, it was given to me as a child, and it was 50 year old then.  The weird looking thing in the middle is a mechanical switch...it expands with heat and in turn presses a microswitch, which turns a light on and off to maintain the desired temperature.  It is accurate to the degree.The cool thing about it, is you can take that temperature switch put bigger lights in, and make a way bigger incubator with it.  Keep that gem.. oh you put a pie plate of water under it to maintain humidity as well.

Regards

Chris

I have one.  I have been using it with great success for about 40 years, it was given to me as a child, and it was 50 year old then.  The weird looking thing in the middle is a mechanical switch...it expands with heat and in turn presses a microswitch, which turns a light on and off to maintain the desired temperature.  It is accurate to the degree.The cool thing about it, is you can take that temperature switch put bigger lights in, and make a way bigger incubator with it.  Keep that gem.. oh you put a pie plate of water under it to maintain humidity as well.

Regards

Looking for instruction too, can you help me?

Chris

Does anyone have any information on this?

The Transparent Hen:

100_4480.jpg

100_4482.jpg

100_4481.jpg

A neighbor has noticed that I am gathering 'bators and keep adding to my flock and gave it to me.  But a google search nets nothing.

Has anyone seen one before or better yet, used one before???

Back
Top Bottom