Ended The Ultimate Egg Dish Challenge

Pics
View attachment 3489118
This contest is brought to you by our BYC Sponsors
(click to view & support them)

The Ultimate Egg Dish Challenge
Ends June 30th, 2023

Calling all home cooks and egg enthusiasts! We're excited to announce our Ultimate Egg Dish Challenge - a fantastic opportunity to showcase your egg-cooking skills and creativity. Share your most mouthwatering egg recipe and photo for a chance to win incredible prizes. Don't miss out on this exciting challenge - enter today!

It's easy to enter, reply to this thread & attach (upload) your egg dish photo and a written list of ingredients used to make it. The egg dish must include egg, and it must be visible.

Prizes
PlacePrize
1stA BYC Cookbook and a 6-month PFM ($35 value) for yourself or a friend.
2ndA BYC Cookbook and a 3-month PFM ($20 value) for yourself or a friend.
3rdA BYC Cookbook and a 1-month PFM for yourself or a friend.
The BYC Cookbook is available to winners in the United States. If the winners are outside the United States, they will be awarded just the PFM.

To increase your chances of winning, please read the rules before entering.
Rules:
  1. An entry is *one* picture of an egg dish that you made and a list of the ingredients used to make the dish. One entry per post, please.
  2. The dish must contain egg, and the egg must be visible.
  3. Four entries per member. One photo per post, please.
  4. Images that have been resized might be disqualified if they are too small to judge.
  5. No screenshots, watermarks, date stamps, text, etc., on the photo. No collages.
  6. The photo needs to have been taken by you.
  7. You cannot use a photo that won an award in another BYC-sponsored contest.
  8. High-quality images are recommended. Basic editing, such as cropping and other subtle changes, are allowed.
  9. ALL photos MUST be uploaded to BYC and not hosted on other image sites, personal websites, etc.
  10. Prizes are limited to one per person per contest.
  11. All BYC rules apply: Terms of Service (Rules)
  12. Entries will be accepted until June 30th, 2023, at 11:59 PM Pacific Time.
Photography tips from fellow BYC members:
For inspiration, here are some examples of egg dishes that you could make.

I probably won't enter, but I'll definitely pop in and out to see all the amazing dishes! :drool

Deviled eggs
paprika
Ham
Black eyed peas
Collard greens
View attachment 3513253
Yum. Great looking supper. :)
Not an entry -- can't see the eggs but they make the dish! Chicken Cordon Bleu: chicken breast with Swiss, Canadian bacon, black forest ham rolled inside then old fashioned double breading with Duck eggs. OUTSTANDINGLY DELICIOUS 😋View attachment 3513275
That looks so good.
Breakfast today, simple and easy 🥚View attachment 3513280
The best kind of breakfast. How do you like your flat top stove? I need one. Looks so much easier to keep clean.

Exactly! :hit
I make a seriously wicked lemon curd - and it uses TEN egg yolks... But the eggs I guess wouldn't qualify as "visible"?
Since all of the yellow in the lemon curd comes from the egg yolks I think it should qualify as visible. After all the rules say "visible" not "identifiable". (And I would love to have that recipe.)

This is my lemon pie recipe
Lemon Pie Filling

1/4 c lemon juice
1 1/2 c sugar
1/3 c cornstarch
1 1/2 c cold water
3 egg yolks

In a small saucepan, mix together the water and cornstarch.

When the cornstarch dissolves add the sugar and a
slightly beaten egg.

Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly until the mixture
thickens.

If using food color add now.

Remove the thickened lemon mixture from the heat.
Mix your egg whites with 1 cup of the sugar fold into the mixture.

Let the filling cool before using.

Surprised there aren't more posts! Don't y'all have pets that make your breakfasts???

Entry 1
"Breakfast for Dinner" is a regular staple in our house as one of our quick meal choices. This one is inspired by the Asian-style food I grew up eating, it would be a common breakfast combination somewhere like Hawaii or the Philippines (at least the rice + eggs + salty meat).

Ingredients: white rice, pan-fried smoked sausage/kielbasa, sautéed yellow squash, "poppy eggs" (sunny side up), and some Spicy Chili Crisp

View attachment 3509979
Looks delicious and yummy.

Can't wait to see what everyone comes up with. :pop

Here's my open face egg sandwich. Homemade Swedish rye bread, bantam eggs, cheese slice, and Morningstar bacon.

View attachment 3501572
Entry 3
"Southern-style Baked Mac & Cheese"

Ingredients: elbow macaroni, shredded cheese of choice (about 1lb cheese, this one is pepper jack and cheddar), salt/pepper/other spices, custard (2-3 eggs: ~2 cups milk)

Super easy to make: preheat oven to 350-400F; boil noodles and rinse with cold water to cool; in prepared baking dish layer together noodles and shredded cheeses like a lasagna; pour custard evenly over the top (custard: 2-3 eggs + ~2 cups whole milk + salt & pepper (and any other spices you wish)); top with more cheese; bake about 30min until bubbling and browned top.

View attachment 3510016
This will be tomorrow’s dinner 🤗

Back
Top Bottom