Come check out hundreds of awesome coop pages (and a few that need suggestions) in our 2018 Coop Rating Project!
Terms of Service and Rules
Our Community Forum / Website is a place for people to learn, ask questions, share their experiences, and make new friends. As with any online service, we need to make sure that you understand our rules and policies before you sign up for our service.
The providers ("we", "us", "our") of the service provided by this web site ("Service") are not responsible for any user-generated content and accounts. Content submitted express the views of their author only.
You are granting us with a non-exclusive, permanent, irrevocable, unlimited license to use, publish, or re-publish your Content (including and not limited to posts, images, comments, articles, etc.) in connection with the Service. You retain copyright over the Content.
All Content you submit or upload may be sent to third-party verification services (including, but not limited to, spam prevention services). Do not submit any Content that you consider to be private or confidential.
We may remove or modify any Content submitted at any time, with or without cause, with or without notice. Requests for Content to be removed or modified will be undertaken only at our discretion. We may terminate your access to all or any part of the Service at any time, with or without cause, with or without notice.
You agree to not use the Service to submit or link to any Content which is defamatory, abusive, hateful, threatening, spam or spam-like, likely to offend, contains adult or objectionable content, contains personal information of others, risks copyright infringement, encourages unlawful activity, or otherwise violates any laws. You are entirely responsible for the content of, and any harm resulting from, that Content or your conduct.
Once you've signed up for our Service, we'll send you a confirmation email. As you participate in our community, you'll also receive notification emails.We'll also send occational newsletters and partner emails. You can unsubscribe and /or edit your email preferences in your account at any time. If you do not want to receive emails from us, do not sign up for our Service.
This Service is only available to users who are at least 13 years old. If you are younger than this, please do not register for this Service. If you register for this Service, you represent that you are this age or older.
General Behavior Guidelines & Rules:
We have a huge community, so in order to manage such a large group of diverse people we must enforce certain standards and rules. Underlying these rules is the fact that our community is a place where people of different backgrounds and ideas can all feel comfortable participating around their same interest.
- Be friendly and courteous to all members at all times.
- Respect the community Team (moderators and administrators). They dedicate LOTS of volunteer time keeping the community running smoothly.
- Be nice to newcomers and help them feel welcome.
- Respect that people may have a different political, religious, philosophical and cultural background than you.
- Be very descriptive in the subjects of your new topics and try to stay on topic as you post. Example: do not say "HELP ME!", but instead say "I'm having a problem with xxx yyy and could use some help"
- Have fun and learn!
This is a list of things you should not do on our site. Our Team will lock or remove topics if there are posts that are contrary to the good of the community. Our Team has many years of combined experience with this community and these rules are based on this experience.
Remember this is a family friendly community, so no swearing, foul language, or profanity.
- Definitely no inappropriate topics, especially "Adult"or innuendo.
- No Flaming (verbally attacking people or groups of people - e.g. a profession, an organization, a company.)
- No Trolling (posting to provoke others, luring them to flame or rant). Trolling is sometimes done involuntarily, so please be considerate when posting. NOTE: Do not reply to or quote people who troll or flame.
- No Teasing, mocking, ridiculing, or otherwise making fun at other member's expense.
- No Fighting or excessive arguing. Taking a personal conflict to the forum is unacceptable. "I'm right, you're wrong".
- Do not advertise your products or services outside of the appropriate Buy Sell Trade (BST) areas of the forum.
- No Bumping or Cross-posting topics. Bumping is posting to move a thread up on the forum list, and cross-posting is posting the same thread in several forums.
- Do not post overly personal information like your phone number, address, age, or any other overly personal info.
- Do not promote other websites that are "similar" to our site, especially similar forums. Sometimes it may be appropriate to link to another site that has specific information relative to a question, but moderators have to right to remove links and posts at their discretion.
- Do not solicit donations or charitable requests for yourself or other people or organizations.
- We strongly discourage religious, political, and other strongly divisive topics, and reserve the right to delete them at our discretion.
Our Team spend a TON of time and energy to keep the forum running smoothly. How our team moderate is never a topic for open discussion on the forum. If you have any questions, feedback, or issues regarding moderation, it should never be posted publicly, but should be addressed to the specific moderator or the site administrator via private message/conversation or our contact us form.
If a topic is closed or removed do not, under any circumstances, re-post the same topic or material. If you have any questions as to why a thread was closed or removed please contact a team member.
These terms may be changed at any time without notice.
If you do not agree with these terms, please do not register or use the Service. Use of the Service constitutes acceptance of these terms. If you wish to close your account, please contact us.
Last Updated: May 24, 2018