The ULTIMATE list of DUCK Treats and Supplements...

Pics
Thank you.

I need lots of more work on their shed, pond and probably add a well organised and not pro to mess eating area because their dishes are outside and when it rains or it is cold (like now) the food is then cold or damp....
The pond: I have to make it larger, remove the crazy pavements and plant a mixture of wild grass (dandelion and the like)
The shed: I probably will clad it and put some tiles at the bottom for easier cleaning.
But all the above will have to wait for spring to arrive, I absolutely hate cold and totally paralised in winter.
I know I am silly with my birds, I am the same with my parrots inside and outside, always trying to improve their life. My outside aviary has 2 radiators, on the concrete floor I put in very large cotton sheets that are scraped and washed every day, this means that the concrete remains ok so they can stay in their own environment. I do not breed... sorry... let's rephrase this, my birds do lay eggs occasionally, but few weeks later they cannot be bothered so I throw them away, they much prefer playing, eating and preening each others.
Hopefully, Bonnie & Clyde will live well and for a long time enjoying whatever happiness I can give them.
I'm sure they will they sound very pampered, as do the rest of your birds all beautiful too. I built roofed sheds to put my feed under here to keep it dry and out of the weather. not pretty by no means but functional. You should collect their eggs and use them for cooking or baking duck eggs are great.

My ducks, supposed to be female, they are probably now 7 months old, but I never got even one egg from them.
Strange but clean: in the morning I find their poop buried in the straw, so I have to move the straw to remove their poop.
Today they had quite lots to eat and this evening they are on their pond sleeping, they gobbled down: tomatoes, salads, scrambled eggs, few meal worms and cooked vegetables...

<<roof sheds to keep the food dry>> to you have any picture of those?

My ducks, supposed to be female, they are probably now 7 months old, but I never got even one egg from them.
Strange but clean: in the morning I find their poop buried in the straw, so I have to move the straw to remove their poop.
Today they had quite lots to eat and this evening they are on their pond sleeping, they gobbled down: tomatoes, salads, scrambled eggs, few meal worms and cooked vegetables...

<<roof sheds to keep the food dry>> to you have any picture of those?
This is one we made for a heated bucket

900x900px-LL-31a34c5f_005.jpeg

They aren't pretty but they do keep things dry.

Last edited:
Dry cat food/dog food-****
Most ducks find cat and dog bowls full of dry food irresistible often leaving their dog and cat counterparts hungry. You can give your ducks dry cat/dog food as treats. They usually have a good amount of protein and are tasty for the ducks. If the kibble looks small enough for a duck tom swallow, go ahead and let them enjoy. I often get cat food that has several different pieces that are flavored differently and i give my two ducks a small handful every other day

This and the corn thing was grear because some people on here said that this was and unhealthy diet and i was like " No its fine " (LoL not really i wouldnt' do that(

Dry cat food/dog food-****
Most ducks find cat and dog bowls full of dry food irresistible often leaving their dog and cat counterparts hungry. You can give your ducks dry cat/dog food as treats. They usually have a good amount of protein and are tasty for the ducks. If the kibble looks small enough for a duck tom swallow, go ahead and let them enjoy. I often get cat food that has several different pieces that are flavored differently and i give my two ducks a small handful every other day

This and the corn thing was grear because some people on here said that this was and unhealthy diet and i was like " No its fine " (LoL not really i wouldnt' do that(
I know there are members who give dry cat and dog food to their flocks as a supplement or treat, No problem there but as sole diet cat and dog food are formulated for that species and corn well mine love corn but it can also make the fat so that needs to be given in moderation too. On really cold days mine get a nice serving or whole corn to see them through the night and on really frigid days when temps are down in low 20 and lower I toss some whole corn on top of their feed and mix it in. I feel they need that extra bit of heat to see them through the day. I'd never give as a sole diet though.

Look ok to me!
I am no good at diy but I will have a go.....
My dh made a couple but I did try my hand at a few just using scrap wood we had laying around and pieces of metal roof and some asphalt roofing left over from another diy project. I just wish my geese wouldn't eat off the asphalt. They chew on anything.
roll.png

Is this list a supplement to or replacment of regular duck feed? And how much should you be feeding of these fruits and vegetables per day? I'm new to having ducks (2 Pekings) so still learning as much as possible.

Back
Top Bottom