The ULTIMATE list of DUCK Treats and Supplements...

Pics
This is exactly what we needed! We are new duck owners--I mean duck staff--and we are considering breeding them for eggs for local bakeries and possibly an adjunct to my husband's aquaponics. (Duckquaponics? I don't know.) I love my happy ducks, and I just want to make them happier. Thank you!

You want to try an entertaining treat? Try feeder goldfish or little feeder minnows in their pool/pond. Whatever you have for them! Don't give them a whole lot, but a good treat now and then.

You want to try an entertaining treat? Try feeder goldfish or little feeder minnows in their pool/pond. Whatever you have for them! Don't give them a whole lot, but a good treat now and then.
What a fun idea ! We are going to get them their pool here very soon. They are just 6 wks now. I want to wait until they are fully feathered out. They have a lg play bowl right now and a bird bath we set on the ground. I think putting little feeder fish or minnows a great idea.

How old do the ducks need to be before I feed them applesauce from this list? My two runners are about 6 weeks I believe, and they haven't had any treats yet. Just the feed you buy at the store, so I thought I could find some treats and let them enjoy some. I have 3 other ducks (believed to be pekin ducks) who are only a week and two days old. I was wondering if they could enjoy some applesauce too or if they need to be older and if the two other ducks need to be older still before they get applesauce? (applesauce is all I have other than the usual feed at the moment)

I was wondering if they could enjoy some applesauce too or if they need to be older and if the two other ducks need to be older still before they get applesauce? (applesauce is all I have other than the usual feed at the moment)

Even at a really young age, ours REALLY enjoyed worms, plus they're free so that's good. They go crazy for bugs too.

Last edited:
Even at a really young age, ours REALLY enjoyed worms, plus they're free so that's good. They go crazy for bugs too.
I found one worm and tried to deed it to Simon. Simon wasnt too fond of it and neither duck ate the eggs I had placed for them. Shock tried the egg then walked away from it. They seem to go crazy over the normal feed for them I guess. Im gonna see if Shock likes worms when I find another. Thank you though! I had forgotten about worms being good haha

I found one worm and tried to deed it to Simon. Simon wasnt too fond of it and neither duck ate the eggs I had placed for them. Shock tried the egg then walked away from it. They seem to go crazy over the normal feed for them I guess. Im gonna see if Shock likes worms when I find another. Thank you though! I had forgotten about worms being good haha

My ducks don't seem to want feed at all, they want only moving targets as food unless they're really hungry lol
I need to build one of those pvc feeders...

did you put it on the ground or hold it out for them? Mine didn't notice worms much until I fed them both a few, then it was ON

Wow amazing list!!!!...Thanks Nettle! ..and everyone else with hints tips and guidance!!..I have 4 runner ducklings 8 weeks now and 2 khaki cambell 10 days old so cannot wait to give treats to my babies thankyou!!:)

Back
Top Bottom