*The Verge of War* A Medieval Rp

(I'll be home for a few days, so I'll try to answer faster and more consistently, Bant ;) )

Katrina's face showed showed no reaction upon viewing the wound. She held the lantern slightly above it and tilted her head around a bit to see the gash. She mumbled something to herself as she released the cloth for a moment in order to get a jar from her pocket.

(Horse bite, right?)

( Indeed, on the meaty spot on the back shoulder. You know how cranky horses can get when not messed with regular, right? I had a friend required stitches across the whole side of her face, nearly removed her cheek. And that horse was just goofing off because my friend wasn't paying attention! India just doesn't have any formal training and is completely green, so she has no manners at all.)
Herja kept still for Katrina, but her eyes followed her as far as she could see. She didn't want to mess up the examination.

( I'm going to be doing a lot of traveling for the holidays, and baking. Already baked a real chocolate cheesecake with homemade cream cheese. It won't be done setting up until tomorrow, and I can tell you that I'm dying to slice into the thing! Plus I have 5 pies to bake, and we butchered 20 birds yesterday.)

Last edited:
( Indeed, on the meaty spot on the back shoulder. You know how cranky horses can get when not messed with regular, right? I had a friend required stitches across the whole side of her face, nearly removed her cheek. And that horse was just goofing off because my friend wasn't paying attention! India just doesn't have any formal training and is completely green, so she has no manners at all.)
Herja kept still for Katrina, but her eyes followed her as far as she could see. She didn't want to mess up the examination.

( I'm going to be doing a lot of traveling for the holidays, and baking. Already baked a real chocolate cheesecake with homemade cream cheese. It won't be done setting up until tomorrow, and I can tell you that I'm dying to slice into the thing! Plus I have 5 pies to bake, and we butchered 20 birds yesterday.)
(Yep, cranky horses aren't any fun atall.)

Katrina removed the jar from her pocket and set it behind her out of the way. Holding up the lantern, she peered into the bucket of water that she had brought out earlier for Herja to drink from and examined it. Satisfied that there wasn't any loose hay or bugs in it, she tore a strip from the base of her apron and dipped it in, saturating it fully before moving to wipe away dirt from the woman's shoulder. "Tis bound to burn a bit, but it's the best I can do," she apologized.

(YUM. Can you mail me a piece of cheesecake, and if you're feeling good, some other pie? :p )

(Yep, cranky horses aren't any fun atall.)

Katrina removed the jar from her pocket and set it behind her out of the way. Holding up the lantern, she peered into the bucket of water that she had brought out earlier for Herja to drink from and examined it. Satisfied that there wasn't any loose hay or bugs in it, she tore a strip from the base of her apron and dipped it in, saturating it fully before moving to wipe away dirt from the woman's shoulder. "Tis bound to burn a bit, but it's the best I can do," she apologized.

(YUM. Can you mail me a piece of cheesecake, and if you're feeling good, some other pie? :p )

Herja wanted to crane her neck an watch, but there was no way for her to see without getting in the way. She grabbed her hardened leather breastplate and gave it a very firm and distracting squeeze with the unaffected side, not wanting to flex muscles in case the movement interfered with Katrina's careful cleaning. " Does it need stitching?" She asked tentatively.

( 2 pumpkin, one pecan, one strawberry rhubarb, one apple.)

Last edited:
Herja wanted to crane her neck an watch, but there was no way for her to see without getting in the way. She grabbed her hardened leather breastplate and gave it a very firm and distracting squeeze with the unaffected side, not wanting to flex muscles in case the movement interfered with Katrina's careful cleaning. " Does it need stitching?" She asked tentatively.

( 2 pumpkin, one pecan, one strawberry rhubarb, one apple.)
Katrina carefully cleaned around the ugly wound, looking up occasionally to see Herja's face and how she was withstanding it. "I don't think so," she said quietly. As she wiped away the dried blood, the wound appeared to not be nearly as deep as she had thought it was originally. "The horse drew a good deal of blood from yer shoulder, but I don't think he got too deep, strangely 'nough," she said decidedly when she finished the cleaning. She set the rag in the now dirtied water and moved the bucket back a bit to give herself more moving room.

Katrina carefully cleaned around the ugly wound, looking up occasionally to see Herja's face and how she was withstanding it. "I don't think so," she said quietly. As she wiped away the dried blood, the wound appeared to not be nearly as deep as she had thought it was originally. "The horse drew a good deal of blood from yer shoulder, but I don't think he got too deep, strangely 'nough," she said decidedly when she finished the cleaning. She set the rag in the now dirtied water and moved the bucket back a bit to give herself more moving room. 

Herja relaxed some with relief. " Thank goodness," she sighed.

Herja relaxed some with relief. " Thank goodness," she sighed.
Katrina wiped her hands on the sides of her dress before opening the salve and scooping a lump onto her finger. "My mother made this," she said proudly, (not because she was proud of herself, but because she was quite proud of her mother and all the medicinal work she did) "The herbs in it will speed up the healing process as well as soothe it for the time being," she then explained.

(aaaand i'm off. g'night bant)

Katrina wiped her hands on the sides of her dress before opening the salve and scooping a lump onto her finger. "My mother made this," she said proudly, (not because she was proud of herself, but because she was quite proud of her mother and all the medicinal work she did) "The herbs in it will speed up the healing process as well as soothe it for the time being," she then explained.

(aaaand i'm off. g'night bant)

Herja winced when the cold goop hit her shoulder, but relaxed somewhat as it warmed up and melted a bit into the wound. Once it was worked in, it started feeling better. Herja sighed in relief.

Herja winced when the cold goop hit her shoulder, but relaxed somewhat as it warmed up and melted a bit into the wound. Once it was worked in, it started feeling better. Herja sighed in relief.
Katrina wiped the remaining salve on her apron, which was in a very sad state by now. "There. That should 'ave ye feeling better in no time," she smiled.

Katrina wiped the remaining salve on her apron, which was in a very sad state by now. "There. That should 'ave ye feeling better in no time," she smiled.

Herja nodded gratefully, then closed her eyes and leaned back against the wall of the stall. Heaving a big sigh, she said," thank you. I don't think it would have turned out so well if I hadn't run into you."

Herja nodded gratefully, then closed her eyes and leaned back against the wall of the stall. Heaving a big sigh, she said," thank you. I don't think it would have turned out so well if I hadn't run into you."
Katrina smiled broadly. It pleased her to be helpful, and even more so when the person helped truly appreciated it.

(Holidays :rolleyes: How'd your pies turn out?)

Back
Top Bottom