*The Verge of War* A Medieval Rp

William smiled and led her from the edge of the room. He hadn't actually seen the princess in years, due to his being out of the kingdom on business, so he was oblivious that his fair partner was she.

Linnet rose as soon as Richard was out of sight and went to fill her glass. After a servant filled her glass, she took it and walked outside. The large porch that was directly outside of the hall had been decorated with candles and flowers, but surprisingly no one was out there. Linnet walked down to the far side of the porch and sipped her wine while viewing the stars.

Fawn prepared to leave the floor, but Edmund insisted she dance the next with him. "There really isn't anyone else here who I would care to dance with more," he said honestly. Fawn tried to make excuses, but none of them he would accept until she agree to dance again.

Gwen smiled shyly. Despite having her pick of men in the kingdom, being this close to one made her nervous. "I realize that our identities are supposed to remain a secret, hints the masks, so I will not ask who you are," Gwen started as William pulled her through the growing crowd,"However, I would like to know your status." She winced at her poor wording. "Not that it is an issue of any sort."

Edwin didn't pretend to be pleased with the tea. He thanked Katrina and accepted a cup, but after only a sip he set it down.
"Your highness, ye may go if ye wish to. I'm sure their Royal Highnesses would wish ye to be at the ball," Katrina said. Edwin looked hesitant, but said, "Yes, I'm sure they very much would. But I have no desire to be there," he stated.

"Edmund..." Alena started. She worried greatly about what the queen would do if she found out why Edwin had not attended.

"Something like that" Cliffton nodded, beginning to get suspicious about who she was.

(Who is Mariah referring to?)
o

"No, you just...struck me as someone who either shovels out the horses stalls, or perhaps...scrubs the palace floors?" Cedric said seriously.

(Sorry guys. Been busy with school)

Thomas was irritated with this mans poor etiquette. "How dare you!" He said, brushing the hilt of his sword.

Gwen smiled shyly. Despite having her pick of men in the kingdom, being this close to one made her nervous. "I realize that our identities are supposed to remain a secret, hints the masks, so I will not ask who you are," Gwen started as William pulled her through the growing crowd,"However, I would like to know your status." She winced at her poor wording. "Not that it is an issue of any sort."
(Peter and Linnet?)

William laughed nervously. "Then I suppose I should be equally concerned with yours," he replied. "I'm a duke. Duke who, I may inform you of later if you dance well enough," he said teasingly.

Richard wondered if Kat had come ( *wink wink* ;) )

Fawn reluctantly let Edmund detain her for a second dance. This time she was prepared when he set his hand comfortably on her waist and took her hand in his. She took a deep breath and tried to steady her breathing till the music started.

The music began, slower than the previous dances.

"Edwin..." Alena started. She worried greatly about what the queen would do if she found out why Edwin had not attended.
Katrina's eyes widened and suddenly she felt very awkward. Like she didn't belong here, listening to what was probably supposed to be a private conversation. She stood and exited the room with the empty tea tray.
"What? I should be able to make choices for myself, especially such things as minuscule as attending a ball," Edwin replied.

Last edited:
Peter stepped outside to get some fresh air. He never had liked crowds.

"A duke?" Gwen asked approvingly. She was turning into her mother, Gwen thought with a frown.

Kat patrolled the Edmunds borders because she's too uptight, and takes her job much too seriously.

"But your mother..." Alena trailed off fearfully.

Peter stepped outside to get some fresh air. He never had liked crowds.

"A duke?" Gwen asked approvingly. She was turning into her mother, Gwen thought with a frown.

Kat patrolled the Edmunds borders because she's too uptight, and takes her job much too seriously.

"But your mother..." Alena trailed off fearfully.
Linnet looked over when she heard a door open. She couldn't discern who it was because of the shadows, so she decided to keep quiet and let them make themselves known.

"Indeed, nothing less," William grinned beneath his mask. It had been a long while since he had been able to be himself at a ball. While abroad, he never felt quite as comfortable teasing and having fun as when in his own country. He stopped nearly in the center of the room and turned to face Gwen. He held out his hand to begin dancing.

Fawn closed her eyes to take in the sounds of the room: the gentle music all around, laughter from a far corner, voices echoing agains the stone floor. Slowly, gradually, she let her head rest on Edmund's firm shoulder. Edmund didn't mind in the least. The waltz was perfectly slow and just the right volume. It allowed him to think.

(Aw poo. Poor Richard :lol: )
-------
"Alena, please. You've just awaken from being unconcious for a spell. Please put thoughts of my mother away for now. Relax," Edwin told her, his voice gentle yet commanding.

Last edited:
"I'm...nobleness" Cliffton decided to leave it at that "And you? A princess, perhaps?"
---
Cedric pretended to be sorry "I'm terribly sorry young sir; I guess I was mistaken. It's clear you are no such thing. Perhaps...an assassin in training?" He was messing with him; hoping to antagonize him enough to find out what he really was. A prince, he hoped.

"I'm...nobleness" Cliffton decided to leave it at that "And you? A princess, perhaps?"
---
Cedric pretended to be sorry "I'm terribly sorry young sir; I guess I was mistaken. It's clear you are no such thing. Perhaps...an assassin in training?" He was messing with him; hoping to antagonize him enough to find out what he really was. A prince, he hoped.
Jane smiled broadly. "Perhaps," she said simply. "This is quite a grand ball," she commented, looking around. (I can't remember, are they dancing yet?)

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom