The Wally-Gee Bee Journey šŸ

More scouts checking out the swarm trap today! Itā€™s not much but it is something.
IMG_1946.jpeg

I did, however, respond by ordering 20 medium frames and started preparing to build 2 medium boxes for brood expansion and honey supers. Once I get passed the crud and feel better, Iā€™ll get right on that. If I catch a good swarm and donā€™t kill them over the winter, itā€™s highly unlikely Iā€™ll need a honey super this year. That being said, the 20 frames and 2 medium boxes will complete a triple stack. Coz bees donā€™t wait!

1 medium box complete.
IMG_3229.jpeg

Being that trailer floors are made from 5/8ā€ plywood and not 1x whatever lumber, some adjustments had to be made. That extra 1/8ā€ is like Moonyā€¦ kind of a big deal. I may need to add a narrow strip to keep my frames from falling in, but Iā€™m going to wait and test the frames in the notch first. I actually had to trim the frames (as earlier stated) that came with my deep brood box.

1 medium box complete.
View attachment 3485625
Being that trailer floors are made from 5/8ā€ plywood and not 1x whatever lumber, some adjustments had to be made. That extra 1/8ā€ is like Moonyā€¦ kind of a big deal. I may need to add a narrow strip to keep my frames from falling in, but Iā€™m going to wait and test the frames in the notch first. I actually had to trim the frames (as earlier stated) that came with my deep brood box.
How are you feeling?

Back
Top Bottom