The Wally-Gee Bee Journey 🐝

Pics
I got a cute gift of local honey yesterday. It's a lot lighter than I thought it would bee(see what I did there?) Seriously though, does the honey get darker later in the season or does it depend on the flowers that are around?View attachment 3507775
Good question. I’m not an expert, but I would think it had to do with the kind of nectar and pollen that they are finding. I think the longer honey stays in the comb it will start to get darker, but don’t quote me on that.

We had a guy in 4H who bred bees and goats. His family always said the honey color depended on what plant the nectar came from
That's what I figured
Good question. I’m not an expert, but I would think it had to do with the kind of nectar and pollen that they are finding. I think the longer honey stays in the comb it will start to get darker, but don’t quote me on that.
Interesting

I sit and watch them impatiently every evening.
Impatiently? What are you wanting them to do? lol
I got a cute gift of local honey yesterday. It's a lot lighter than I thought it would bee(see what I did there?) Seriously though, does the honey get darker later in the season or does it depend on the flowers that are around?View attachment 3507775
I think it's dependent on the plants the pollen is collected from, if I'm not mistaken. I'm no expert, though.

I watched 2 bees drag this out and chunk it off the front porch of the hive. This tells me I should have some emerging brood very soon!
IMG_3295.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom