The war has been won in West Jordan, UT

Quote:
Cool...

I have some property in West Jordan City. I've got a brick building that's right on the property line. It would be perfect for chickens. Is that a no-go?

Marty

Very cool - congrats. I especially like the provision about 5 hens and 5 chicks. I have never seen that in another ordinance, and think you might have set a new model there! (Where did your committee come up with the idea?)

Last edited:
After several hours of debating max # of hens, we discussed the reason why 12 would be a good number, which was to give us the ability to rotate out our flocks. We then worked it out to the 5 hens, 5 chicks option. This seemed to be a good compromise between those against and those for.

Great story. Even the bad egg!
wink.png

Wow, I spent a lot of time in the Holladay area when I was a kid, because my grandparents lived there. It is hard for me to imagine West Jordan not allowing chickens. My Grandpa had pet chickens when I was a kid, and everyone around seemed to have various sorts of livestock. Holladay is McMansionville now, and I miss all the lovely old estates that had lovely horses on them.

In doing a search for WJ zone laws to see if I could get some chickens I came across this website & then this post & was SO HAPPY! Thank you so so much for all that you did to help make this possible - how wonderful!! We are really excited to get chickens, my kids can't wait
big_smile.png

Hey, I live in West Jordan too. I am glad i am now legal!!!!!! I have my coop along side the neighbors dog run, with a 6' solid fence between. My chickens are alot quieter and do not smell as bad as those dogs. We are a flock of happy girls.
smile.png
ck

Nice job! You must have presented that well, or it would not have passed. I am glad to hear that yet another area has approved backyard chickens!

Back
Top Bottom