The Welsummer Thread!!!!

We enjoyed a nice warm Kansas afternoon. My boys are best buds.

Yes he does and boss and gamefowl mix as all my birds... Why ya ask anything you recommend?

And he's roughly a year old.
Layer feed can cause gout in non-laying birds...but usually after much longer than a year.
Maybe I misinterpreted his trouble walking.

I've just about convinced myself to start a small flock of Wellies! I'm having a hard time picking because I want ALL THE CHICKENS!!! I have kept buff orps before and I adore them, and I also wouldn't mind a few RIR, Dominiques, and GLW. (I have a preference for gold/red birds apparently)

Decisions, decisions.

Any recs on the best hatchery to use for the Welsummers?

I've just about convinced myself to start a small flock of Wellies! I'm having a hard time picking because I want ALL THE CHICKENS!!! I have kept buff orps before and I adore them, and I also wouldn't mind a few RIR, Dominiques, and GLW. (I have a preference for gold/red birds apparently)

Decisions, decisions.

Any recs on the best hatchery to use for the Welsummers?

Whitmore Farms seems to get good quality comments on this thread - they sell straight run 25 chicks minimum - I would've loved a Wellie hen from them but they don't sell individual birds by shipment. http://www.whitmorefarm.com/chicken

I've just about convinced myself to start a small flock of Wellies! I'm having a hard time picking because I want ALL THE CHICKENS!!!  I have kept buff orps before and I adore them, and I also wouldn't mind a few RIR, Dominiques, and GLW. (I have a preference for gold/red birds apparently)

Decisions, decisions. 

Any recs on the best hatchery to use for the Welsummers

I got my pullets from local feed store and my roo from a local woman. Dont know the hatchery for the pullets but my roo came from the greenfire line.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/content/
type/61/id/7811795/width/200/height/400

My beautiful roo...james bond.... 9 mos old.
calm and gentle. He tugs on the hem of my shorts to get my attention for his snack. I soo enjoy my wellies.

They are a must have.

Back
Top Bottom