The Welsummer Thread!!!!

Pics
My one and only Wellie as a baby...she almost to POL now, but I don't have any new pics, cuz she's a wacko!!
wink.png

15879_welsummer.jpg

Calmest, nicest birds that I have. I have three young cockrels and three year old hens in a small pen. They get along good and I have never had a problem with any of them.
Here is a picture from several weeks ago.

Welsummers.jpg

My Wellsummers are my favorite dark egg layers Hands down. They are the best layers! I am getting 5-6 eggs a (week)
lol.png
from my two girls and they are still dark and speckled! Just Beautiful Eggs!
big_smile.png
I will get the picture off my camera soon and post it on this thread. Glad you started this one up. Shhh I much prefer Wellsummers to Marans
wink.png

Edited because Im a dummy
tongue.png

Last edited:
I have to agree on the egg laying abilities. Mine always have eggs for me, every day. I agree, I MUCH prefer welsummers to marans, much better temperment. I had two of my own welsummer chicks hatch tonight
big_smile.png
. I will get pictures tomorrow, if I get the chance.

I have no Wellsummers but they are at the top of my list to get in the spring! I have already told and showed my wife what the next chickens will be. She said that was fine as long as I get her some Silkies at the same time;)

My Welsummers are some of the best layers I have. I am getting eggs almost every day from my 2 Welsummers. Most of the other breeds have slowed way down or stopped for the winter but these two just keep on laying. They would make the Everyredy bunny proud!
lol.png

I have noticed that my Welsummers seem to be the smartest of all the breeds in my flock.

I am going to add 20 to 25 chicks to my flock this April. 3 - 5 of these will be Welsummers.

Back
Top Bottom