The Welsummer Thread!!!!

I have a problem...............I keep finding these in the nest box!
wink.png
smile.png

I have 1 wellsummer hen. I call her Welly the Wellster. She lays 4 to 5 speckled eggs a week. When I got 3 crossed up Barred Rock/SL Wyandotte pullets she was nicer to them than the other hens. She dont really like me catching her but she doesnt complain when I do. She has little spurs.

Here's one of my new boys....He is still feathering out and I do not like his comb but I can work with that. What does thrill me is he's huge, he is a MONSTER.
big_smile.png
His father was a stunning bird, I hope he follows suit.
11170_imgp4459.jpg

Here's some girls.......the one with the earlobes had some sort of illness that turned her earlobes white but she is back to normal now.
11170_imgp4636.jpg

11170_imgp4529.jpg

11170_imgp4527.jpg

Last edited:
Those are nice looking birds. I agree with you about the rooster. I can't tell from the pic about the comb but it certainly doesn't look like anything that would turn me off right away. He's got a nice back, tail carriage is real nice, I particular like the hackles - don't see much black in them at all, nice leg color, and the saddles seem to be coming in very nice. The only thing I don't see if a bit of red mottling in the breast but overall I'd say you have a very nice looking Wellie cockerel there. I like those hens too.

God Bless,

You all know what????? You are all SUCKERS for this breed! And I am proud of it!

I know you like your Wellies so well! Join me in the crowd LOL!
lol.png
They are my favorites in the brown egg laying breed! Hands down! Such personable birds and friendly as they can be!

There is a Yahoo Welsummer club going on but they are not as active as the BYC and Facebook. Our club geared to serious breeders and fanciers alike but we do welcome newbies! If you want quick replies, better to go on here on BYC which some of us hang around here more often than the Yahoo and Facebook.

What.....no new photo's of these fabulous birds!
wink.png

Com'on Wellie worshipers.......showoff your birds.
big_smile.png

Thanks Tailfeathers!

I can't say enough about these birds......I find I spend more time just watching my Wellies than any other breed. Yep, I'm a sap for these birds.
love.gif

Back
Top Bottom