The "What Color Is My Chicken?" thread! Calling all color experts!

Pics
I have an ee chick that is pale grey with a red head, what will she look like? I will get pics soon.

Easter eggers change so much it's kind of hard to tell what they'll look like when they mature. Well from my experience at least
hu.gif

This chick is the offspring of a Blue Ameraucana Rooster and either a Blue Ameraucana pullet or an EE hen, so I was wondering if it's just a weird white colored bird (from an EE) or if it could possibly be a splash from the 2 Blue Ameraucanas? I tried to get a photo of it's leg color as well as a few bits of dark color starting to appear on it's wing and tail.

This chick is the offspring of a Blue Ameraucana Rooster and either a Blue Ameraucana pullet or an EE hen, so I was wondering if it's just a weird white colored bird (from an EE) or if it could possibly be a splash from the 2 Blue Ameraucanas? I tried to get a photo of it's leg color as well as a few bits of dark color starting to appear on it's wing and tail.

That's a tough one...what colour is your EE? I feel like that chick is splash. I see a blue feather in the tail and one on the back. BUT the legs are not the right colour...greenish.

That looksije what I call a Nlue Wheaten Splash. Are the parents a blue and red color.

Quote:
Quote:
Thank you for the responses.

I have one Blue Ameraucana hen and several EE hens. Most of my EE hens are a blue and red, or blue and gold color (I have a thing for the color blue), and one of them is colored kind of like a silver ameraucana.

My next hatch will be more controlled so I know they will be from my dark blue ameraucana cock, my blue ameraucana and my sex link that lays huge eggs so I will definitely know who the parents are... I just had to put my rooster in with the hens for a few days before I found him a new home so I had fertile eggs and wanted to hatch out a few layers for myself (for the fall moult egg drought
smile.png
)

If this guy (pretty sure it's a cockerel) is actually a splash I may keep him if not he's probably going in the freezer or to a new home. Only keeping pullets (which seem to be very few this year with all my hatches).

Thank you for the responses.

I have one Blue Ameraucana hen and several EE hens. Most of my EE hens are a blue and red, or blue and gold color (I have a thing for the color blue), and one of them is colored kind of like a silver ameraucana.

My next hatch will be more controlled so I know they will be from my dark blue ameraucana cock, my blue ameraucana and my sex link that lays huge eggs so I will definitely know who the parents are... I just had to put my rooster in with the hens for a few days before I found him a new home so I had fertile eggs and wanted to hatch out a few layers for myself (for the fall moult egg drought
smile.png
)

If this guy (pretty sure it's a cockerel) is actually a splash I may keep him if not he's probably going in the freezer or to a new home. Only keeping pullets (which seem to be very few this year with all my hatches).

What colour legs do your Blue Ameraucanas have? Typically pure Amers have slate, so I don't know why his legs are green. If your other EEs are blue-based, that raises the possibility of him being a splash EE. I'm on the fence.

I also love the blues - they're my favourite colour of chicken! I have 1 Blue Ameraucana hen right now at the moment, plus a pair of blacks, so I'm trying to get more blues!

That's what my chick looks like. Its feathers are growing in with splashes of red and blue on the off white background.

Quote:
The rooster and my 1 amer hen both have slate colored legs. Perhaps he is an EE with those funky colored green legs.

I love the color variety that can come from raising blues. It's also really pretty with the dark lacing
love.gif

I am down to 1 blue Amer rooster out of 5 and 1 blue Amer hen. They're 1 year old now so I want to make more of them while they're in their prime lol. I also have several pet EEs with some blue coloration and I'm shopping around for blue/splash silkie eggs or bbs at the moment
hide.gif

OH and I picked these up last week. They're bantam cochins from Ideal. Any idea on color? There weren't many cochins to choose from, but I'm sure you know what colors I was trying to pick out
lau.gif
LOL

They're so sweet I love em. Hope I have 2 pullets or a pair!

That's what my chick looks like. Its feathers are growing in with splashes of red and blue on the off white background.

Oh, I bet that's neat looking. I love your bourbon red babies (i think). They're so cute. I just got a couple of bronze turkey poults and i'm scared cause they're trying to peck my chicks eyes out. I had to separate one of the turkeys cause I want my chicks to keep both their eyes lol
ep.gif

Here's my cochin, would he just be considered red? When I google images for red cochin it doesn't pull up any colored like him.

Back
Top Bottom