There's something wrong with my duck's legs

6C0F57BC-5270-49A7-A9BD-79009EDAE951.png

My little Call Duck came with a lame leg. I let it swim daily off and on but was giving it the flush free niacin by mistake so it didn't get better. I only did that for a couple of days. Then I went to TSC and bought Poultry Booster. It has 1,000 mg of Niacin per pound. That helped it tremendously and now it is just fine. I added it to their feed, there was a scoop inside and I used half a scoop for the container you can get at TSC for ducklings and chicks that is small and has all of those sections in it. I put the feed in a bag and shook it up with the Poultry Booster and then put it in their container. It is full of great vitamins and minerals. My little one has very strong legs now and is doing very well. I would have never of guessed she was going to make it. Her one leg was completely useless at one point.

My little Call Duck came with a lame leg. I let it swim daily off and on but was giving it the flush free niacin by mistake so it didn't get better. I only did that for a couple of days. Then I went to TSC and bought Poultry Booster. It has 1,000 mg of Niacin per pound. That helped it tremendously and now it is just fine. I added it to their feed, there was a scoop inside and I used half a scoop for the container you can get at TSC for ducklings and chicks that is small and has all of those sections in it. I put the feed in a bag and shook it up with the Poultry Booster and then put it in their container. It is full of great vitamins and minerals. My little one has very strong legs now and is doing very well. I would have never of guessed she was going to make it. Her one leg was completely useless at one point.
Thank you

Here is info on niacin deficiency also has the dose for ages on this too. Get the liquid BComplex ASAP and begin giving it to your duckling it’s the best we have found to get them over it. I have a mixed flock so I feed chicken feed and add Nutritional yeast to it 1 Tablespoon to each cup of feed but when one already has a niacin def the liquid B is the best to treat that one with.
https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/niacin-deficiency-in-waterfowl.1367557/ sorry forgot to add the link

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom