these are my new babies can any one help?

jdemars

In the Brooder
7 Years
Mar 12, 2012
I know they are young but I'm hopping someone can maybe help me. Here is what I know they came from the assorted bantam bin the dark one is black on top and yellow/whitish belly the other is yellow with light redish on the head then a redish stripe down the center and darker brow stripes on the outside. they both have feathered legs and toes guessing cochin probably? any thoughts?

Comb types? Maybe a closer picture of each chick individually? Toe count?

Without seeing comb types or true to life colors, I would say the bigger chick is a partridge Cochin, but the smaller chick, I can't tell. More than likely a cochin as well. If it's true black chick down, probably black, if it's grayish, it's probably a white (weird as it sounds, whites are sometimes hatched very very dark). If it has a white dot on it's head, it has barring factor, which means it's a Barred Cochin.

There is a pretty large size discrepency, so more information would be helpful for an accurate ID.

I will post some closser pic and what ever other info I can come up with. thanks

Here are some more pics hope this helps, the black/yellow one is much smaller then the other, that one was one of the largest in the bin. They both have four toes with fur and pink/yellow skin and feet

I'm going to stand by my original Partridge Cochin (though it's possibly and Golden Laced), and Black Cochin. Hopefully you'll get some more opinions soon.

Back
Top Bottom