They are taking my chickens away.

Chick-adee, Code Man is absolutely right. Spending lots of time trying to come up with a catchy name that the city won't remember in 5 minutes is not where I suggested you focus your efforts. Did you go to town hall and get a copy of the ordinance, or try to find it online yet? Do you have copies of ordinances and how they are worded from other neighboring communities or do any of the other stuff yet? As a former Planning and Zoning commissioner, and a town councilwoman, I can tell you that you have to have documentation if you want to even get your foot in the door.

But in the end your the one holding the bag and you have as of today if I read your original post correctly 8 days have passed, since the zoning officers 10 day to remove request was given.
I wish you the best of luck through this..
Actually 3 days ago the zoning officer gave them 3 weeks, so they still have time, and I'd sure hate to see them give up!

Hi,Chick-adee!
more importantly, let us gain an audience with our municiple powers and show them the horrible plight of commercial chickens in cages and what their unacceptable fate is.
show them graphic-on-site photos and clips of what these pitiable creatures suffer 24/7. Let us not wait until "our rights" are in the race before we attempt to educate our neighbors and pace setters.
store bought eggs are a disgusting and unacceptable alternative to buying range free eggs from local people And the treatment of caged chickens is a must see! go now to the nearest commercial facility and watch these precious birds in cramped conditions fight for another inch for movement. They live in semi darkness: They never see the sun..ever!
They are ghastly in discoloration, their eyelids and waffles,combs and feet are devoid of health. their toe nails are so long they cripple the bird. let us not be "Proactive"
because we want to keep our dear backyard trio. Why should we tell an animal control officer that we are Proactive? Should not that officer already know that? Should not every Hatchery and Commercial Containment facility know you by name?
Should not Your Governor know you by name?
We can change it all!

barnie.gif
barnie.gif
Whyyyy???
barnie.gif
barnie.gif

I am so angry. My chickens are the best chickens anyone could have. It makes me so mad that they don't realize that. The neighbors love them, and so does my family. I have an Aunt who comes over just to hug them, and is always buying them treats. She doesn't know yet.

There is one chance. The law says that we can have up to three domestic house animals. We have a dog, but if we argued saying that chickens are domestic, and showed chicken diapers and so forth, they might let us keep two. But I don't think I want to separate them!

Back
Top Bottom