THEY HAVE SHIPPED!

I noticed today my Delaware is almost feathered in on the wings an is starting back feathers. It's crazy how fast they grow

Backyardflock1 what are you getting and where from?
We ordered from my pet chicken, so technically Meyers. We ordered a speckled Sussex, white silkie bantam, Mille fleur Belgian D'Uccle bantam, barred rock, Easter egger, dark Cornish, silver laced Wyandotte, and a cream legbar. I don't think I forgot anything, but we may go to the farm store and pick up a jersey giant tomorrow and have her in the brooder when the others arrive. Very excited, hope all goes well and all arrive alive and healthy :)

Can't wait to see pictures. I am slowly falling in love with the little Jersey Giant I have. I actually have another thread that a very helpful member posted a picture of his JG hen next to a regular one. I know they take time to get to the size they do, but this bird is huge! Here is sending good chickie thoughts your way for a safe shipping and arrival of all chicks alive and well.

My EE and a coupld of others are getting back feathers, and 2 or 3 are getting combs. I am really worried about my Australorp. She is so tiny, but she has always been much smaller than the rest. She does have gorgeous wing and tail feathers so she is developing. I am worried though that she seems to have an impacted crop. I can't get it to clear out. I really hope she makes it.

Good luck with that Kattington, sending positive thoughts your way. Have you looked on her for any suggestions? I wish I had some advice to give you, but I haven't had any problems with my chicks or my bigger girls. Keep us updated and her is to hoping she makes it.

Yes, my husband and I decided we would call tomorrow when they open. She actually seems to be doing better now. I got her crop emptied out completely. I gave her some fermented food, so we'll see how she does overnight.

Back
Top Bottom